Dont you just love it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
when your glow plug fails whist you're having fun

thank god i keep plenty of spare plugs

my car died in the middle of running it then when i let it idle and would only start if i had the throttle open slightly & lone behold my plug is glowing but the lower portion is not.

and to be honest I'm quite surprised that i did not start messing with my tune to get it running again instead i recognized it was a bad plug,

So i sort of have a question can any of you tell if you have a bad plug by the way its running or lack of wanting to run ?

Yes. If i all the sudden start having idle or performance issues after its been running great i always pull plug and check it first before messing with my tune. Usually i see what you did. Only part of the element glowing or not glowing very bright at all. Knowing its the plug and not my ignitor due to the fact that i keep my ignitors charged as often as i do my hump packs.

Just because a plug glows does not mean its good. Voltage will cause it to glow but the platinum may not be causing the reaction it is supposed to.

Just because a plug glows does not mean its good. Voltage will cause it to glow but the platinum may not be causing the reaction it is supposed to.

you kinda described what was already said lol

any way I'm running a OS8 plug in my 24.7 engine i have some plugs with a pink / purply color head any one know the brand ( no penis jokes please lol )

here are some pictures there are no markings on the plugs

yay i learnd how do do spoilers/hide txt

you kinda described what was already said lol

any way I'm running a OS8 plug in my 24.7 engine i have some plugs with a pink / purply color head any one know the brand ( no penis jokes please lol )

here are some pictures there are no markings on the plugs

yay i learnd how do do spoilers/hide txt

Well yeah lol, I just meant even if its bright lol...

Little Johnny is in the bathroom taking a pee, when the toilet seat falls down on his penis. He starts screaming and crying. His mom comes running into the room wondering what's going on.
He tells his mother, "Mommy, the toilet seat fell on top my penis. Kiss it better!"
"Johnny," said his mother, "Your getting more and more like your father every day!"

Back