dont understand

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtaylortank

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so I bought a brushed bandit and rustler. The bandit has ran fine since we have had it but the rustler motor had less then a pack ran through and it stopped working all together. I took the motor off the bandit and put it on the rustler(it was new and we all wanted to drive it and try it out) and when I got the new motor I just put it on the bandit instead of playing musical engines and ran the bandit 3 times I think(mind you the bandit is my stepdaughters and she baby's it no jumps rough driving nothing like what I put the rustler through (with the motor that came on the bandit).. When she went to go use the bandit last night at first nothing so I thought I didn't hit the button long enough so redid it and nothing it rolled alittle and started to go and then 5 min. later nothing anymore at all....It seems I have to be missing something because stuff dont just brake that easy, for no reason at all. what I dont get is i beat all my buggies weather it be nitro or electric and the kids idolize theres so I dont get it. Any Ideas would be great.. I dont mind the price of the motor but 3 runs on a new motor that will get expensive.. (they dont have brushless because they r not ready for it yet, I just got a slash with castle motor in it and they wont drive it too fast..)

The Traxxas brushed motors are not the greatest. You may want to pick up an after market motor to replace the stock one. There are plenty of good motors that aren't very expensive. I'd suggest going no lower than a 12 turn and no higher than a 27 turn for best performance and to keep the stock ESC. Make sure that you also have the gear mesh set properly as well because the mesh being too tight can burn up a motor.

I apriciate the input and it is just the regular brushed rustler with the 550 12turn motor and the stock esc. I set the mesh I got 12 other rc half nitro and the other half electric. and my kids dont beet on them at all they dont go near any water and they are affraid of top speed. I have one more titan 550 on its way and if that one is the same way I will be looking for another brand.

I like reedy motors go with a 17or 19 turn should do you good make sure your esc is compatible with the batt and motor your using.:D