Does the TRX-4 Sport Body Somewhat Resemble a First Gen Honda Ridgeline?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboChargedHonda

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
TRX-4 Sport Body Front (notice the headlights and grille):

Johnny builds a TRX4 Sport kit with/for the boys... - RCCrawler

First Gen Ridgeline Front:

Honda Ridgeline (first generation) - Wikipedia

TRX-4 Sport Rear (notice the rear tail lamps):

OS's TRX4 Sport Kit - RCCrawler

First Gen Ridgeline Rear:

New Design Sketch Teases Next-Generation Honda Ridgeline Photo & Image  Gallery

I know that the Sport is a 2-door and the Ridgeline is a 4-door, and the pickup bed shapes are slightly different, but the lights, grille, rear bumper, and a little bit of the fenders make the Sport somewhat resemble the Ridgeline (IMHO). What are your guys' thoughts on a 2-door Ridgeline as a body for my 10ii (I don't think there's a 2-door IRL, but oh well)? If I do plan on going this route, I will probably print out the badges and logos on a sheet of white paper and make them into decals with tape. For the badge on the grille, I'll probably stick a sticker on a small flat piece of black plastic and hot glue it on top of the TRX logo. I'll see if I can photo shop Honda badges onto a Sport body to see what it would look like.

Attachments

• 1626279797489.jpeg
    1626279797489.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 134
Not sure if I want that body now. 😂

Here's the photoshopped picture 😅 and it doesn't look too bad!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 12.13.24 PM.png

For my 10ii, I'll probably go with a Sport body, and make it look like a Honda Ridgeline. In the future, I might extend the cab to a 4 door with another body, but for now, I think a 2-door Ridgeline is fine. And if anyone is wondering why I chose a Ridgeline body, it's because I like Hondas, and the body isn't too hard to do. Of course, it's not 100% scale (real Ridgeline has independent front and rear suspension, is a 4-door, etc), but I think it's scale enough for people to recognize what it's supposed to resemble.

Here's the photoshopped picture 😅 and it doesn't look too bad!!

View attachment 129528

For my 10ii, I'll probably go with a Sport body, and make it look like a Honda Ridgeline. In the future, I might extend the cab to a 4 door with another body, but for now, I think a 2-door Ridgeline is fine. And if anyone is wondering why I chose a Ridgeline body, it's because I like Hondas, and the body isn't too hard to do. Of course, it's not 100% scale (real Ridgeline has independent front and rear suspension, is a 4-door, etc), but I think it's scale enough for people to recognize what it's supposed to resemble.
Oh for sure if they know Honda they will see it

Back