Does anyone make a RTR Truck Better then the HPI Hellfire?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotorxhead7

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone make a RTR Truck Better then the HPI Hellfire?

I was reading a bit and alot of peeps were saying it has horrible off power steering!!!!! thats not good!!! on the other hand my LHS said alot of peeps were selling there jammin CR-T's to get hellfires!!

anyone think there is a better truck RTR?

Well its brand new and has only been on the streets for less than a month. From the videos I've seen its looks pretty fast and handles good (except for a little looseness int he rear) but some nice suspension setup work I think is def in order. I've heard of the steering servo being weak and should be an out of the box replacement item but I've heard nothing else bad about it.

The reviews of the CRT 1 or Pro have all been very positive. Maybe because it is a kit people went with better equip from the jump.? I have heard nothing on the RTR model .

Funny you should ask this, I was at my LHS and I asked what they thought about the Hellfire, his answer was "It's one of the best RTR on the market, probably the best" I asked how did it compare to the Jammin and his answer was "It's one of the best RTR on the market, probably the best" So I take that as it' a great rtr truck but not as good as the Jammin kit

A friend of mine bought one.
Looks pretty good. That rear hop that we saw in the video can be fixed with setting it up differently. It was fixed in 5 minutes.
Flew strait, landed fine.

Personally, I can't see how people can claim that the HellFire is the "Best". Its so new, it hasn't been truely "battle tested'.

I'm not talking about "factory drivers". Hell, those guys good beat local club racers with a stock Savage. We all know driver skill is what really makes any RC better than the next of the same category.

And how does one definte "best"? Is it defined by how durable it is? How well it handles on a bumpy off-road track or bashing?

Now I'm not aniti-hellfire. I'm seriously looking at it. At the moment I can't see that its any better than my LSP or any of the other truggies I have/had....

Back