Does anyone do this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NvNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Guys, In the past I have had problems with wheels coming off axals when bashing or just running around. They have been tightend down to a tight fit prior to start. Do I just make it a habit to check and retighten every so often or does anyone use (Blue) loctite on the lock nuts or axel thread, that the lock nut s mounted to, to keep tire mounted to axal. And if I do use loctite, Will over time, Will that breakdown axal in anyway. This is part of a thread SD had out...

All screws wear out eventually, especially ones that you remove regularly and also those that have loctitite on them. They are a disposable item.

So..I am curious if this would be good practice with the Loctite in that area, or just make it a habit of checking and tightning every so often.

Buy a tub of ni-lock bolts.
There is no reason they should come off if you tighten them and check them every so often.

yea the nylon part should keep it on, but it does wear out so replace them when they start backing off on there own. i used blue locktight on mine though just to be safe.

You need new nuts. They wear out and the locking feature doesn't work anymore. Loctite isn't the best solution as it may not be compatible with the nylon or plastic insert in the nut. Aviation Advisory Circulars advise against using any type of threadlock on locknuts.

It's a new truck Jet..(MT2) I don't think it should be doing that either. But I just wanted to see if there was other options out there also.

You could try lock washers. With my buggy I used locktite, but my revo doesn't seem to have the problem of loostening.

I don't think my Savage will have a problem either. I was just wondering on the MT2. I know one guy from the site bought an MT2 from Itsme, and I didn't want him to run into this. And if so, what he could he do to correct it. That's all! Plus it will let me know what to do if I want to run my MT2 again also.

You can also try using Teflon tape used in plumbing. I had to do that on my Revo's 23mm hubs.

Are you getting any threads to come through the end of the nut? You should have at least a whole thread or two come through, otherwise the locking feature is pretty much useless. Look for a lower profile nut if that's the case.

I have an XXX-S and it seems that one or two times of changing tires those nylons nuts just won't stay on :ponder2: Wheel goes one way... damn axel pin goes another So is there a better "nylon" nut out there to prevent this from hapenin? :wasted:

Back