Do they even make quad lipo battery chargers anymore?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats helpful my friend thank you. I can't see paying extra for something i probably wont use anyway. So I'm leaning towards the D6. But what chargers if any offer a bluetooth feature? And if there are any is this feature in your opinion worth any trade off that the D6 lacks? I like bluetooth but its not a total deal breaker for me if the pros of the d6 outweigh the cons of having a bluetooth feature if that makes sense. I am just trying to make the best educated decision based on the information given and my preferences but i am also flexible lol. Happy monday my friend. Happy bashing

Bluetooth on a lipo charger... it's not a necessary feature to me. I plug my batteries in, start the charge, and wait for the beep. Even if I had Bluetooth on mine, I'd maybe use it once or twice when I first got it, just to check it out. But in all honesty, it's a useless feature, for me personally. Maybe @Jamr can explain why he likes Bluetooth capable chargers.

I do a lot from my phone but if its gonna give me a lesser powerful charger than the hota d6 like you and grey suggested to me thats not a fair trade to me. I am like you i plug it in and wait for the beep usually I'm in the next room and dont sleep while things charge

I don't know of any chargers that have Bluetooth that are actually decent chargers. But I have never really looked into it.

I don't see where bluetooth would be an advantage, you shouldn't leave your batteries unattended while charging anyway.

I don't see where bluetooth would be an advantage, you shouldn't leave your batteries unattended while charging anyway.
You raise your batteries your way, I'll raise mine my way. If I wanna neglect my batteries, I will dag nabit. Too much attention to your batteries will make them grow up clingy and needy 🤣

Seriously though, mine are always (usually) within earshot. I would feel really lazy picking up my phone to check on them when I can just walk into the next room.

The S6 has more power when running on AC current, but that's really the only difference. That and the S6 doesn't have the wireless phone charger built into the top of the charger. Neither have bluetooth. If I needed more power than the D6 has on AC, I would just buy a DC power supply and run it on DC. To me, the S6 isn't worth the $40 higher pricetag, unless you really just want a high power AC charger.

One really cool feature of both chargers is the built in power supply. You can use the Hota's to power anything up to I believe 36v. So lets say you have a servo testor that normally you would hook a battery to for power. You can simply power it with the Hota, and with that you can run the servo at 6v, 7.4, or 8.4, as opposed to being limited to the voltage your battery puts out. In this vid, I show this feature around the 2:30 mark. I don't know of any other charger that has this feature.
ISDT does that as well, but they don't have internal power supplies so it is more of a voltage reducer that you place in between the DC power supply and whatever you need to run off of it. You can also charge a battery with another battery.

1673888460567.jpeg

Basically a few balance charger boards hooked up if I'm not miataken? I didnt think of that i wasn't sure if that would overload anything or not

The only catch with parallel charging is you want all packs connected to be relatively close to the same voltage (i.e. LVC), you don't want to connect a fully charged pack with a fully discharged pack as the voltage will level between the 2 causing a surge of current to flow between the packs. Aside from that, parallel charging will be faster overall than if you charged multiple packs independently from each other as efficiency will be gained in the CCCV cycle with more time spent charging at higher amperage with greater capacity... seen this reported by several racers in my area who are running saddle packs and charging them in parallel to reduce charging time.

ISDT does that as well, but they don't have internal power supplies so it is more of a voltage reducer that you place in between the DC power supply and whatever you need to run off of it. You can also charge a battery with another battery.

View attachment 158456
Grey and I were just talking about that yesterday. Since the Hota seems to at least mimic the ISDT firmware, I was wondering if the ISDT's had the power supply output capability. Good to know.

Maybe @Jamr can explain why he likes Bluetooth capable chargers.
We go camping a lot. Being outside near the charger but not close enough to hear it makes it tough to know when the charger is done. I use the Bluetooth for this. Also in my garage where it can be noisy. I find the BT to my phone very useful.

Doom i know your not supposed to leave batteries unattended. Thanks for the tip Captain Obvious
We go camping a lot. Being outside near the charger but not close enough to hear it makes it tough to know when the charger is done. I use the Bluetooth for this. Also in my garage where it can be noisy. I find the BT to my phone very useful.
And Jamr which one do you have that has the BT feature?

Last edited:
The only catch with parallel charging is you want all packs connected to be relatively close to the same voltage (i.e. LVC), you don't want to connect a fully charged pack with a fully discharged pack as the voltage will level between the 2 causing a surge of current to flow between the packs. Aside from that, parallel charging will be faster overall than if you charged multiple packs independently from each other as efficiency will be gained in the CCCV cycle with more time spent charging at higher amperage with greater capacity... seen this reported by several racers in my area who are running saddle packs and charging them in parallel to reduce charging time.
And people always ask me why I need a 800w charger.