do i need a new transmitter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok so do i need a new trans. if i get a new high speed servo, like a 5955 or 985 , some will say that i need a new transmitter due to the '' setting endpoints'' deal.

what do you think?

Depends what you want to accomplish. The speed of the servo isn't affected by the transmitter. The big question is how much adjustability do you want? Will you use EPA? Or dual rates? Throttle dead band? Expo? Those are the things you need to determine. Just switching to high speed servos only means they'll turn faster.

all i want is faster , i dont want to buy a new trnasmitter for all this , so i can run a better servo without a better transmitter?

EPA would be your only concern. Running a high end digi like the 5955 could propose a problem if the servo is allowed to "over travel" where the servo will burn itself up. The 5955 HiTec is a super high torque servo and while it's fairly quick for a high torque the 5996 may be more what your looking for in offering both speed and torque. If it's for steering though, go with the 5955, 333 in/oz is plenty good for any steering application.

It's a two channel radio, don't you have a Revo? Still have reverse in it?

i took the reverse out a long time ago, does that have anything to do with it ? or i can still use it ?

No, you'll be ok then as long as you don't have anything that requires a third channel like reverse on the Revo. I just didn't want to see you buy something and not be able to use it to full capacity or lose functionality on your car/truck.

ok , sounds good, the new transmitter is on its way soon then.and a 5955tg hopefully, just need to find a deal somewhere.....:whistle:

Last edited:
Ok man, good luck with the new transmitter. I had a XS3 at one point and it's a good basic transmitter with the next step up in functionality from a RTR radio.