Diy clipless Body mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadyways916

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just was messing around with the numerous bins of miscellaneous parts, and on my revo body I reamed out the factory holes to accept these grommets I use on one of my LST2'S...they really seem to both protect the hole from being ripped open from rollovers, and really hold the body in place...did numerous high speed runs, even some mild jumps 2 1/2-3 ft. And had a low speed roll over and ended up on the top. I basically just needed a way to be able to pop the body off because I was still tuning and dialing in, but they worked so well I'm going to keep using them on different bodies
20170919_130713.jpg
20170919_130751.jpg

Woohoo! Timing is everything lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170921-214020.jpg
    Screenshot_20170921-214020.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 261
I used a similar set up when racing years ago. It worked GREAT unless I was hit or rolled. The turn marshalls weren't bright enough or willing to simply pop the body back on so I had to go back to pins. If you're not on a track, This is a GREAT idea! :thumbs-up:

I used a similar set up when racing years ago. It worked GREAT unless I was hit or rolled. The turn marshalls weren't bright enough or willing to simply pop the body back on so I had to go back to pins. If you're not on a track, This is a GREAT idea! :thumbs-up:

Thanks! I haven't been to a track to run yet, seems like a good place to head towards...basically just caused by necessity

You'll find it a LOT different than 'bashing' in regards to vehicle maintenance and how very particular your suspension, gearing, tires etc... will become. Driving on a track is also very demanding on YOU! Spend some time at the track as a spectator. Talk to the 'winning' drivers and see what they are doing for their setups. Tires etc... Getting to know some of the racers there is a good thing anyways. Sometimes they have some great info about the teack, sometimes it's nice just to meet some new ppl... Anyways, I'm sure you'll have a good time and you'll be a much better driver by the time the season is thru!

At the very least, you'll have a good place to run thru the winter months!

You'll find it a LOT different than 'bashing' in regards to vehicle maintenance and how very particular your suspension, gearing, tires etc... will become. Driving on a track is also very demanding on YOU! Spend some time at the track as a spectator. Talk to the 'winning' drivers and see what they are doing for their setups. Tires etc... Getting to know some of the racers there is a good thing anyways. Sometimes they have some great info about the teack, sometimes it's nice just to meet some new ppl... Anyways, I'm sure you'll have a good time and you'll be a much better driver by the time the season is thru!

At the very least, you'll have a good place to run thru the winter months!

There is a couple here locally, indoor and outdoor, I'm going to try getting something to practice with similar to whatever is being ran.

Sounds good! Unfortunately where I am, there is only one track within an hour's drive from here. Good luck with the track. Def post about how it goes!!!

Lol! Everyone who races had a 'first race'! ;) Before you actually race, you can likely get some good practice runs in and get yourself familiar as well as getting your rig dialed in for the track itself. Just keep in mind that you're really racing against yourself more than anyone else for at least the first few times and you'll be just fine.:thumbs-up:

Lol! Everyone who races had a 'first race'! ;) Before you actually race, you can likely get some good practice runs in and get yourself familiar as well as getting your rig dialed in for the track itself. Just keep in mind that you're really racing against yourself more than anyone else for at least the first few times and you'll be just fine.:thumbs-up:
Thanks for the advice

I really enjoyed racing so I try to encourage it to anyone who is interested. I really think you'll like it. You seem like you're more into RC than just bashing. Plus, since I haven't been able to run like I want to, I love vicariously through other ppls posts! :hehe:
How's that for posting an epic fail!?!? :yawn:

Back