Diy clipless Body mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shadyways916

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I just was messing around with the numerous bins of miscellaneous parts, and on my revo body I reamed out the factory holes to accept these grommets I use on one of my LST2'S...they really seem to both protect the hole from being ripped open from rollovers, and really hold the body in place...did numerous high speed runs, even some mild jumps 2 1/2-3 ft. And had a low speed roll over and ended up on the top. I basically just needed a way to be able to pop the body off because I was still tuning and dialing in, but they worked so well I'm going to keep using them on different bodies
20170919_130713.jpg
20170919_130751.jpg

Certified Mike

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I used a similar set up when racing years ago. It worked GREAT unless I was hit or rolled. The turn marshalls weren't bright enough or willing to simply pop the body back on so I had to go back to pins. If you're not on a track, This is a GREAT idea! :thumbs-up:

Shadyways916

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I used a similar set up when racing years ago. It worked GREAT unless I was hit or rolled. The turn marshalls weren't bright enough or willing to simply pop the body back on so I had to go back to pins. If you're not on a track, This is a GREAT idea! :thumbs-up:

Thanks! I haven't been to a track to run yet, seems like a good place to head towards...basically just caused by necessity

Certified Mike

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
You'll find it a LOT different than 'bashing' in regards to vehicle maintenance and how very particular your suspension, gearing, tires etc... will become. Driving on a track is also very demanding on YOU! Spend some time at the track as a spectator. Talk to the 'winning' drivers and see what they are doing for their setups. Tires etc... Getting to know some of the racers there is a good thing anyways. Sometimes they have some great info about the teack, sometimes it's nice just to meet some new ppl... Anyways, I'm sure you'll have a good time and you'll be a much better driver by the time the season is thru!

At the very least, you'll have a good place to run thru the winter months!

Shadyways916

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing
You'll find it a LOT different than 'bashing' in regards to vehicle maintenance and how very particular your suspension, gearing, tires etc... will become. Driving on a track is also very demanding on YOU! Spend some time at the track as a spectator. Talk to the 'winning' drivers and see what they are doing for their setups. Tires etc... Getting to know some of the racers there is a good thing anyways. Sometimes they have some great info about the teack, sometimes it's nice just to meet some new ppl... Anyways, I'm sure you'll have a good time and you'll be a much better driver by the time the season is thru!

At the very least, you'll have a good place to run thru the winter months!

There is a couple here locally, indoor and outdoor, I'm going to try getting something to practice with similar to whatever is being ran.

Certified Mike

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Sounds good! Unfortunately where I am, there is only one track within an hour's drive from here. Good luck with the track. Def post about how it goes!!!

Certified Mike

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Lol! Everyone who races had a 'first race'! ;) Before you actually race, you can likely get some good practice runs in and get yourself familiar as well as getting your rig dialed in for the track itself. Just keep in mind that you're really racing against yourself more than anyone else for at least the first few times and you'll be just fine.:thumbs-up:

Shadyways916

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Lol! Everyone who races had a 'first race'! ;) Before you actually race, you can likely get some good practice runs in and get yourself familiar as well as getting your rig dialed in for the track itself. Just keep in mind that you're really racing against yourself more than anyone else for at least the first few times and you'll be just fine.:thumbs-up:
Thanks for the advice

Certified Mike

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
I really enjoyed racing so I try to encourage it to anyone who is interested. I really think you'll like it. You seem like you're more into RC than just bashing. Plus, since I haven't been able to run like I want to, I love vicariously through other ppls posts! :hehe:
How's that for posting an epic fail!?!? :yawn:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JPG DIY scale barrel Reviews, How-to, & Guides 6
S Traxxas rustler diy exoskeleton Paint & Body 4
E DIY repinching (with pics) Nitro RC 35
Ckeithnitro DIY Baja turnbuckle Kit Large Scale RC 1
Ckeithnitro DIY Team Chase Cage panels Large Scale RC 18
M DIY volt meter Tools 3
Greywolf74 DIY Spray Booth RC Builds and Projects 9
T DIY Setup Board System Reviews, How-to, & Guides 4
Greywolf74 Excellent website for info on DIY Spray booth. Paint & Body 0
S DIY Chassis Guard RC Builds and Projects 8
Boogie DIY Power Supply Short Course Trucks 0
P DIY self body making Short Course Trucks 10
D DIY: LED lights Reviews, How-to, & Guides 9
T DIY Alternatives to Air filters, Filter oil, Fuel line, Fuel filters??? Nitro RC 9
S DIY starter Box Chassis & Drivetrain 3
Z Something my MOM heard on Discovery & DIY channel General Chaos 3
T For those of you that get the DIY channel.. Traxxas T-Maxx 2
Siclic New body on my Maverick Strada sc truck, what do you think? Electric RC 1
Smiddy Kyosho rampage gp 10 vintage body? Nitro RC 2
NurturantQuasar Help scx II body mount kit RC Rock Crawlers 0
S Recommendations for long nose body style 1/8 2wd buggy. Electric RC 13
NurturantQuasar How much would cutting a hole in my slash 4x4 body reduce motor and esc temps? Short Course Trucks 3
Doctyler Hey body folks...quick question Paint & Body 14
J Looking for xtm xt2e body/shell Electric RC 1
Kimmie28 Patriotic body Paint & Body 8
P Kyosho Re-re Ultima Body Options Electric RC 0
E How to reinforce car body Electric RC 9
Kimmie28 Smt10 body Paint & Body 3
Coopers87 Hyper 7 body’s Buggy and Truggy 0
The RC Car Body chart Electric RC 7
The RC Car Ram Mopar body Paint & Body 12
JDHayes57 Losi SCT 3.0 body Short Course Trucks 2
Z.hb71 Strip paint off lexan body? Paint & Body 12
3 My first 3d printed RC body Electric RC 5