Different Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AE released a "short wheelbase" Pro2 LT10SW which offers non traditional SCT wheels that are more narrow labeled 1.26 x 3.74 x 2.2:
https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/cars_and_trucks/Pro2_LT10SW/RTR_blue/

https://www.associatedelectrics.com...3-pro2_lt10sw_front_wheels_and_tires_mounted/

1702049847199.png

I'm looking at the 2.2 RC4wd MTZ they are like 4.7" tall which may work better??
The problem you're running in to is that the desert buggies dont typically run a 2.2 inch wheel from what I'm seeing. Looking at DB/DT tires online it seems most of them are SCT tires so I would be looking for SCT wheels and tires. The only 2.2 tires that I can find that might work are THESE Hyrax tires but they are 5.3 inches tall.

Crawler tires will not be suitable which I mentioned in a previous post.

The problem you're running in to is that the desert buggies dont typically run a 2.2 inch wheel from what I'm seeing. Looking at DB/DT tires online it seems most of them are SCT tires so I would be looking for SCT wheels and tires. The only 2.2 tires that I can find that might work are THESE Hyrax tires but they are 5.3 inches tall.

Crawler tires will not be suitable which I mentioned in a previous post.
But all the people on the DB48 group I'm on says the DB is supposed to have tall tires. All those guys says they run tall tires over 5" and they say the original ones I'm running is fine from the pics I've showed them. So idk I wish really I never converted it to a DB wish I had just built the original 410.3. I been thinking about just selling this one and getting me another MT and a Desert Truck and be done with it

But all the people on the DB48 group I'm on says the DB is supposed to have tall tires. All those guys says they run tall tires over 5" and they say the original ones I'm running is fine from the pics I've showed them. So idk I wish really I never converted it to a DB wish I had just built the original 410.3. I been thinking about just selling this one and getting me another MT and a Desert Truck and be done with it
I thought you wanted tires that are more like 4.5" tall but if you want tires over 5 inches then get the Hyrax tires.

I thought you wanted tires that are more like 4.5" tall but if you want tires over 5 inches then get the Hyrax tires.
Yeah I did but those guys was saying that those lower tires will cause me to drag the chassis over everything. But the thing is I didn't really build that for rock racing I just built it to be a off-road/Desert Buggy. As I've stated my terrain I run in my backyard is not just what you say extreme rough. But yes they are small roots, Rocks, Twigs, ect... In my track because it runs through the woods. So we exposed a lot of stuff when we cut the track. So that's why I wanting the smaller tires so I would have better handling in the corners and stuff if I'm at higher speeds. If I was wanting to bounce over boulders then yes I could see the taller tires

To be honest all the DB is really is an extended 410.3 to a 1/8 scale with a nomad cage. That's basically all it is. It looks like all I'd have to do is put SCT wheels with some shorter tires and slap a 1/8 body truck on it and I'd have a 1/8 scale SCT????

Last edited:
Just put some stiff foams in your tires and have fun while you decide if you actually need different parts on it. I run 5.7" hyrax and they work well, but the stock foam in really soft, causing rollovers, and I'm too lazy to replace it 😂 still fun though.

Just put some stiff foams in your tires and have fun while you decide if you actually need different parts on it. I run 5.7" hyrax and they work well, but the stock foam in really soft, causing rollovers, and I'm too lazy to replace it 😂 still fun though.
That's what I did with my Yeti. The stock foams would just let the tires collapse and the RC would be just riding on the rims.

I went with Crawler Innovations to dramatically improve cornering.
100_8594.JPG

These are what you want: https://crawlerinnovations.com/deuces-wild/2-2/
1702171491417.png

I would go with the 2.8 OG badlands pre mount. Expensive but on the terrain your running they will cut the mustard. It’s what my DB has.
When I get around to it, I’ll post up a picture. If I want to keep the tires from ballooning I belt them using some vectran braid.
These wheels are Injora 2.2s these tires I believe are 1.9 crawler tires (They are Tall!). These are on a DB48 and these are the only wheels I can use with the extensions I have. What SCT tires can I use that will fit the 2.2 wheels? I'm wanting a shorter yet wider tire?View attachment 176551
These will balloon too much, and those aluminum wheels might bend on the first impact.
So what are those and what are the wheels? If they are 17mm hex it will not work cause mine are 12mm. The tires look like hyrax but what wheels are those?
You need to get the 17mm adapter parts from Tekno. I thought you switched all the drivetrain over to 1/8 scale stuff?
The DB48 had tall tires on it.
View attachment 176558
This was @chainsaw on the tekno forum. He was using vanquish wheels. He took the sct410.3 and used the truggy chassis, buggy drivetrain components, and whatever else he needed to do to run big a$$ tires.
Yeah I did but those guys was saying that those lower tires will cause me to drag the chassis over everything. But the thing is I didn't really build that for rock racing I just built it to be a off-road/Desert Buggy. As I've stated my terrain I run in my backyard is not just what you say extreme rough. But yes they are small roots, Rocks, Twigs, ect... In my track because it runs through the woods. So we exposed a lot of stuff when we cut the track. So that's why I wanting the smaller tires so I would have better handling in the corners and stuff if I'm at higher speeds. If I was wanting to bounce over boulders then yes I could see the taller tires

To be honest all the DB is really is an extended 410.3 to a 1/8 scale with a nomad cage. That's basically all it is. It looks like all I'd have to do is put SCT wheels with some shorter tires and slap a 1/8 body truck on it and I'd have a 1/8 scale SCT????
Sct tires would be too small. If you don’t have the 17mm hexs then you either need the adapter parts from Tekno or you need to use the buggy drivetrain parts, but that means you have to use buggy arms because the sct and buggy are different width I think. Go over to the Tekno forum and study up on the db48 builds. Mine is there, I used the buggy though. Chainsaw used the sct.
If you really want to use crawler tires maybe you could reach out to yzzr inserts on etsy and have him print you something stiff, or get ☝️ those stiff a$$ foams. Start up a build log on how exactly you did your DB so we can help you a little more, you have about 3 different threads about all this stuff and I think we can consolidate it just a bit.

Last edited:
I would go with the 2.8 OG badlands pre mount. Expensive but on the terrain your running they will cut the mustard. It’s what my DB has.
When I get around to it, I’ll post up a picture. If I want to keep the tires from ballooning I belt them using some vectran braid.

These will balloon too much, and those aluminum wheels might bend on the first impact.

You need to get the 17mm adapter parts from Tekno. I thought you switched all the drivetrain over to 1/8 scale stuff?

This was @chainsaw on the tekno forum. He was using vanquish wheels. He took the sct410.3 and used the truggy chassis, buggy drivetrain components, and whatever else he needed to do to run big a$$ tires.
This is exactly what I went by and used when I built my DB48.

Screenshot_20231212_220629_Chrome.jpg

Well that ad is in the way but I know where to find this info, I followed it when I did mine. Some where in there, is a mention of some hub adapters that give you a 17mm hex. I don’t know the part #. Did you get on the Tekno site? There’s an entire thread where @WoodiE lists a lot more parts than that. This is mine with the OG badlands premounted. They weren’t cheap but are the smallest 2.8 mt tires out there. On 4s power they ballon so I belted them using a technique that @overkill from the Tekno forum shared with us. It’s a Kevlar vectran braid. Sct tires are too small for this chassis now, but a small mt tire still allows for chassis slap, and this is the tire I settled on. I’m not telling you to hurry up and get them, but do some research on sizes and find a tire that you think is right. I can tell you that the duratrax six pack is a smidge too tall but wouldn’t matter if you don’t take huge jumps. The badlands will handle better in your terrain.
you can tell I haven’t done maintenance on mine since last year. I did get it dirty just a few weeks ago. Don’t mind the massive dog paw marks on slider in the background, it’s been muddy and snowy.
IMG_0095.jpeg
IMG_0096.jpeg