Different Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
These wheels are Injora 2.2s these tires I believe are 1.9 crawler tires (They are Tall!). These are on a DB48 and these are the only wheels I can use with the extensions I have. What SCT tires can I use that will fit the 2.2 wheels? I'm wanting a shorter yet wider tire?
1644619446710.jpg

As stated above. Sct tires will not fit 2.2 crawler wheels. But there are a few taller short course tires out there, ~4.5”, if you want to switch to sct wheels and tires but still want some height.

What 2.2" wheels are we talking about? Short course tires have 2.2"/3.0" bead sizes... outside 2.2" and inside is 3".
Here's the specs of the wheels...
Width: 35mm
Outer Diameter: 64mm
Inner Diameter: 51mm
As stated above. Sct tires will not fit 2.2 crawler wheels. But there are a few taller short course tires out there, ~4.5”, if you want to switch to sct wheels and tires but still want some height.
I'm pretty sure these are the 2.2 crawler wheels. I'm just not sure how these wheels and tires above are going to work on this buggy since it's a high speed desert/Rock racer not a crawler

Looking stricly at SCT tires, you want find anything "wide".
So you think these I have on it now are ok? I mean they sure seem awful Tall for this type vehicle. Something shorter would seem better and just thought Wider would handle better.

So you think these I have on it now are ok? I mean they sure seem awful Tall for this type vehicle. Something shorter would seem better and just thought Wider would handle better.
You need proper tires on it. Crawler tires have soft pliable sidewalls which I'm pretty sure will just get torn up under power.

You need proper tires on it. Crawler tires have soft pliable sidewalls which I'm pretty sure will just get torn up under power.
I'd be worried about the tire rolling in the corners.

Back in 2008 or so there was a guy that ran proline flat irons on a nitro sport. Maybe try something like that? Just watch the tire balloning.

Well what can I run that will fit these 2.2 crawler wheels I got? Or what Wheel/Tires do I need to get that will work on this truck?

So what are those and what are the wheels? If they are 17mm hex it will not work cause mine are 12mm. The tires look like hyrax but what wheels are those?
Sorry, I am not sure. That was just a pic from a google search for "db48".

Sorry, I am not sure. That was just a pic from a google search for "db48".
I wonder if the hyrax would fit on my wheels I already have? My wheels fit fine if I new what tire to get that would fit them. But they are 2.2 crawler wheels

Wait... I think they are these
Gear Head RC 2.2 Lightweight U4 Race Wheels, Silver (4) Plus (4) Hubs https://a.co/d/gcUMr8P
And just because they are beadlocks doesn't mean they are only for crawlers. 2.2 tires should fit them. There is always a chance they won't, but I would say the Hyrax will.

Last edited:
Wait... I think they are these
Gear Head RC 2.2 Lightweight U4 Race Wheels, Silver (4) Plus (4) Hubs https://a.co/d/gcUMr8P
And just because they are beadlocks doesn't mean they are only for crawlers. 2.2 tires should fit them. There is always a chance they won't, but I would say the Hyrax will.
Yeah I know they not just for crawlers. I just don't want anything I have to glue. And too I already got these wheels that fit. I just need a tire that's not a crawler tire that will work on this vehicle. These wheels are 2.0/2.5 not 2.2/3.0 and I already have the extension that bolts to the wheel that makes them work.
So my question is this since I have 2.2 wheels do I need to just put a 2.2" tire like the hyrax on them instead of the 1.9 crawler tires I have on it now? I was really wanting to go with a shorter tire if I could. I know it's a DB48 but it's really nothing more than an extended SCT410.3 with a cage.

Last edited:
These tires I'm running right now I'm pic above are IROK super swamper they are 5.5" tall and 2.5" wide. So not sure if that is a typical crawler tire. The thing is I want shorter tires like 4.5" tall that will fit my already 2.2"/2.5" wheels. If there's a tire someone could point me to that will work please let me know. The point of this is I don't want to have to buy another set of wheels when I have a set. I just want another "shorter" tire that's made for a rock racer. But I really don't rock race, this is just a off-road desert basher

Couldn't I probably stretch a 1.9 tire onto my Wheels? These I have now are 2.2s after looking and they are like 5.5" tall
Yeah, most 1.9's will stretch over 2.2 wheels ok. Just make sure you work them around the rim so there aren't any areas of the tire stretched tighter if that makes sense.