Rc crawler tire size difference

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Quick question what’s the best tire size for comp crawlers? (1-10 scale) 1.9, 1.5 or 2.2? I have the TRX4 Sport but will be getting a cliffhanger body and a custom wrap for it and RCAWD is sponsoring me with some parts that come end of the month

If you plan on going bull blown competition using 2.2 tires, I thought I read somewhere that you won' be allowed to use rear steering.
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm a huge fan of 2.2 but I don't plan on any competitions, and to me they look much better.

Thanks to you all, I just didn’t know if tire size makes the truck more capable or less I will ask my local hobby shop to make sure the rules don’t differ

The bigger tires go over obstacles better than small tires. Small tires are lighter and spin faster. You can’t get a big giant tire to move under a body or turn as sharp as a small tire. That is of corse giver the same suspension. It’s a real test and tune thing.
With portals some times the smaller rims are a problem. So 2.2 rims 1.9 tires are a popular choice. Personally I have gotten my best performance from 1.9 with good foams. But the terrain makes the difference.

The bigger tires go over obstacles better than small tires. Small tires are lighter and spin faster. You can’t get a big giant tire to move under a body or turn as sharp as a small tire. That is of corse giver the same suspension. It’s a real test and tune thing.
With portals some times the smaller rims are a problem. So 2.2 rims 1.9 tires are a popular choice. Personally I have gotten my best performance from 1.9 with good foams. But the terrain makes the difference.
Ok, does anyone run the flubber stuffers?

Back