Diff grease/oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayzzfish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was going to redo my differentials in my cen matrix. There is no hobby shop that sells rc stuff in my city. That's why I'm asking this question. I heard I could use Lucas red "n" tacky grease in them. I was just wondering if it would be ok before I did it. I just hate to always wait to order it online. Thanks...

Not familiar with that exact grease but when I use grease in my diffs this is what I use. Mobil 1 Synthetic
Untitled-1.jpg

This is the stuff I have.

Attachments

• 20210809_114149(0).jpg
    20210809_114149(0).jpg
    296 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210809_114207.jpg
    20210809_114207.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210809_114106.jpg
    20210809_114106.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 108
All I can say is try it. I'm guessing it would be fine. If it doesn't work well you can always clean it out and grab some Mobil 1 synthetic from Autozone

I use this stuff probably better options out there but I've had no problems so far

IMG_20210809_130317.jpg

Diff oil is 1 thang you can change the amount of wheel spin in a diff by adding Oil weight as in 500-700 .
diff grease as you have seen many use other than Rc diff grease. can't fine tune the wheel spin with grease. I use Marine grease red in my c that use grease

Not familiar with that exact grease but when I use grease in my diffs this is what I use. Mobil 1 Synthetic
View attachment 130678
This is what I use as well. No issues with it yet. And as others have said it can be easily picked up at your local auto shop. If they don't have this on hand I'm sure they'll have something similar.

This is what I use as well. No issues with it yet. And as others have said it can be easily picked up at your local auto shop. If they don't have this on hand I'm sure they'll have something similar.
I've been using that stuff for 10-12 years. I've never had any issues. Its buttery smooth.

I've been using that stuff for 10-12 years. I've never had any issues. Its buttery smooth.
Would you use that mobil 1 synthetic grease in the diff for general bashing? Have you tried LUCAS OIL white lithium grease before because that is supposed to be really good as well but do you think it is better than the mobil 1 synthetic grease and would it be safe on a plastic diff? Also would you put that grease or really heavy diff oil in a 2wd 1/10th scale set up to increase traction and if so what cst of oil? Also what is the thickness of grease in cst? 😀

[Sorry for asking a lot of questions]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.00.46 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.00.46 pm.png
    454.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Would you use that mobil 1 synthetic grease in the diff for general bashing? Have you tried LUCAS OIL white lithium grease before because that is supposed to be really good as well but do you think it is better than the mobil 1 synthetic grease and would it be safe on a plastic diff? Also would you put that grease or really heavy diff oil in a 2wd 1/10th scale set up to increase traction and if so what cst of oil? Also what is the thickness of grease in cst? 😀

[Sorry for asking a lot of questions]
Answered this in the other thread

Back