Diff Fluid weights in Traxxas Sledge?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blarfnort

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I've had a shiny new Sledge sitting here for over a week and I haven't run it yet... it's so pretty and all I have to run it on is a small area of dirt and gravel, and I'd rather wait til I have a better place. I have an Outcast 4S V2 and a Fireteam to use in the meantime. Anyway... I'm seeing videos where they say to check the diff fluid. It's cold out and I'm bored so I tore into it.

Sure enough, the center was only half full so I filled it up with 20M since that's what the video said. Now I have the front diff out and it's damn near empty. BUT, I'm not sure what to put in it. Same with the rear. Anybody now? I've done some Googling, but nothing is coming up.

Thanks folks!

So I've had a shiny new Sledge sitting here for over a week and I haven't run it yet... it's so pretty and all I have to run it on is a small area of dirt and gravel, and I'd rather wait til I have a better place. I have an Outcast 4S V2 and a Fireteam to use in the meantime. Anyway... I'm seeing videos where they say to check the diff fluid. It's cold out and I'm bored so I tore into it.

Sure enough, the center was only half full so I filled it up with 20M since that's what the video said. Now I have the front diff out and it's damn near empty. BUT, I'm not sure what to put in it. Same with the rear. Anybody now? I've done some Googling, but nothing is coming up.

Thanks folks!
You should always check any ready to run kits you get for that kind of stuff. Make sure theres no loose screws etc.

This is from the Traxxas Sledge users manual...

Center Diff
Capture35.JPG

Front & Rear Diff
Capture343.JPG

Stock for Sledges is 50k front and rear. I run 10/500/30k in mine. I run mine lighter because I only drive it on dirt, no high traction surfaces.

Back