did i go the wrong way?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that sucks man. I've become more of a Tekin guy over the last 1.5 years or so but I've had pretty decent luck with the Caastle stuff i have bought. *crosses fingers*

Yeah I was going to ask, (not trying to hijack or anything) but is the Tekin RX8 setup comparable to the mamba monster setup? Haven't really done any research on it.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

I'm bummed.. I trusted my lhs. I spent a ton of money there. Why would they sell me something that wont fit my needs? They told me to gear up 2 teeth. I contacted viper I'm waiting for a return message. Thanks rc friends..

Chances are they probably believed what they were telling you. Its been my experience that most guys working in hobby stores or even the ones that own them usually dont know half aas much as they think they do about RC. I only know 1 guy out of my 3 LHSs that I consider knowledgeable and sometimes he still doesn't always give me 100% reliable info.

Wow. Dont know you but.. U i trust. What do i do now. Do have a 27t pinion ordered. Try and see what happens i guess.

The only thing you can do is get your gearing as close to 1 as you can by dividing like we told you before and turning the most rpm. The lower kV motor makes more torque so you should be able to gear closer to 1, however the higher kV motor turns faster so you don't need to be as close to 1. Its going to take some trials. Motor temp is where the concern in.

Thanks again... I guess if i burn it up it needed replaced anyway..lol

Yeah I was going to ask, (not trying to hijack or anything) but is the Tekin RX8 setup comparable to the mamba monster setup? Haven't really done any research on it.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000
@Non Crimen
I terms of total amperage i can't say which one is technically able to handle more power. The RX8 claims to be rated for 210A continuous but Castle wont divulge that information. Some online source I've seen states that the MMM is rated at 150A. Problem is even if thats true we really dont know how acturate the claims are from Tekin on the Amp rating as companies love to throw out trumped up ratings. Powerwise id say they are close to the same though Tekin may have an edge on castle.

In terms of raw power no one can beat Castles 2200kv. Performance wise no one (IMO) can stack up to Tekin and their dual drive technology. Tekin combos are the smoothest best feeling setups I've ever used. (not that I'm some kind of world renowned expert on brushless combos but I have used quite a few.

This has no use for rc "mabye" i was an electrical tech. Old saying. " if it doesn't fit force it, if it breaks then it needed replaced anyway". Same same. Thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 5:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:58 AM ----------

Installed the 27t pinion. Amazing what 2 teeth can do. Again i need a longer run area.. SWEET!!!!...
ONCE AGAIN THANKS!!!. I will let you know my new top speed soon..

Got 60mph. Ran out of room. Getn there. 2 solid runs and motor just warm. Gona order 29t. Getn fun now

Back