Diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I have recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.
Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

This is how it goes:
- I decide to wash the car; I start toward the garage and notice the mail on the table.

- Ok, I'm going to wash the car. But first I'm going to go through the mail. I lay the car keys down on the desk, discard the junk mail and I notice the trashcan is full.

- Ok, I'll just put the bills on my desk and take the trashcan out, but since I'm going to be near the mailbox anyway, I'll pay these few bills first. Now, where is my chequebook?

- Oops, there's only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk. Oh, there's the coke I was drinking. I'm going to look for those cheques. But first I need to put my coke further away from the computer, oh maybe I'll pop it into the fridge to keep it cold for a while.

- I head towards the kitchen and my flowers catch my eye, they need some water. I set the coke on the counter and uh oh!

- There are my glasses. I was looking for them all morning! I'd better put them away first. I fill a container with water and head for the flowerpots - Aaaaaagh!

- Someone left the TV remote in the kitchen. We'll never think to look in the kitchen tonight when we want to watch television so I'd better put it back in the family room where it belongs.

- I splash some water into the pots and onto the floor, I throw the remote onto a soft cushion on the sofa and I head back down the hall trying to figure out what it was I was going to do?

End of Day:

- The car isn't washed,

- the bills are unpaid,

- the coke is sitting on the kitchen counter,

- the flowers are half watered,

- the chequebook still only has one cheque in it and

- I can't seem to find my car keys!

When I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because

I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY LONG!!!
I realize this is a serious condition and I'll get help,

BUT FIRST, I think I'll check my e-mail...

You definitely need help...but then again that sounds like my normal afternoon...arrrgggghhh, it's contageous...now I need help, too.

That's funny. How about when you run your RC's? Does it go like this?

Get the car to the stand...go back and get the radio....turn the radio on try to crank it....rememer to put gas in it.....fill it up with gas and try to crank it again.....then you remember to turn the car on.....still won't fire up.....oh yeah, the glow starter needs to be put on the plug.

Don't feel too bad cause you're not alone. Many times my days off are much like yours. We might be on to something. Maybe there is a correlation between RC's and ADD.....:confused:

So you poured the Coke in the plants, put your checkbook in the mailbox, left your bills by the TV, and your keys are in the fridge, right????? LOL!!!!

Man, I'm with you. I do that all the time. The pathetic part is I do it alot at work.

Ever walk into a room and forget why you went in there?

But why am I here?

Was I supposed to be doing something?

Sounds like a normal day to me:)

I'm posting a reply but don't remember what for.

So you poured the Coke in the plants, put your checkbook in the mailbox, left your bills by the TV, and your keys are in the fridge, right????? LOL!!!!

Man, I'm with you. I do that all the time. The pathetic part is I do it alot at work.

Somehow this post seems familiar........

Originally posted by Candyman

Been there done that.:\

Back