Dhk Maximus upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone knows what are some of the best upgrades for the DHK Maximus. It’s coming in the mail in a few days and I have issues with leaving things stock. I’ve been reading a lot about the truck and haven’t really pinned down too many upgrades like tires, gear oil for the diffs., what gearing to run and where to buy them. A metal spur gear. Better suspension tuning etc... I ordered better batteries and a Servo... any tips would be gladly appreciated.

Sledgehog

RCNT Qualifier
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Mailman has some good posts about the truck here: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/any-opinions-on-the-dhk-maximus.104407/

ignore his complaints in early posts about the bad electronics, they have since remedied the issue and your truck will come with the better hobbywing stuff ;) But he goes on to talk about upgrades later down the line and where to get parts for it as well.

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
Well so far my experience with the Maximus hasn’t been that great. The self tapping screws keep backing out on the a arms and shocks. I replaced some with screws and locknuts. I went back and put red lock tite on some of the screws that still backed out with blue lock Tite. I lost a screw the goes into the bottom of the front wheel hub. Had to make my own rig until my parts come. Then the teeth ripped off spur gear in the rear diff. So far I ran 2 sets of batteries thru it and had to order $200 in spare parts. I did order upgraded parts for the rear diff. It’s a nick rc truck but man does it fall apart. I’m not even rough on it

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
Well... a few sets of batteries later, I had to rebuild the rear diff. I turned up the punch to level 7 and ripped apart the spur gear. I upgraded hoping for a better tomorrow haha

64B8F408-0C49-4FC5-B8EC-960EFB48244B.jpeg
9DB08534-2BF6-407E-947D-D9697A3318E6.jpeg