Delay with Throttle Servo T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-money69

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a 10 year old T-Maxx truck that hasn't run in 9 years. I had to buy a used hand transmitter because my original one was toast. Got that and found new blue crystals online. So the transmitter talked to the truck now.

I replaced the throttle server with a new one because it was frozen but I am noticing when I turn everything on, the throttle servor doesn't work. After a minute or two it starts working fine. No idea what is causing the delay. Could be the sensor/opti drive maybe? Any insight would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

/G

I would upgrade the radio and receiver to 2.4.

Hey thanks for the response! Can you send me a URL of that to be sure I know it's the correct one.
Thank you

This is awesome! Thanks alot!
That radio doesn't have fail safe features. There are radios is the same price range that offer more options and features.

That radio doesn't have fail safe features. There are radios is the same price range that offer more options and features.
I forgot to check on that. I just knew I read a lot of people liked them for electric rc use.

The manual says this though, "With brake and fail safe, out of control protection function.". Which is a weird way to word it, but appears it has it.

Got a cheap recommendation for one with a FS built in?

So the throttle stopped working all together now. I went to reprogram the OptiDrive, inthe process it asks you to pull the throttle all the way back and I did see the green light flash 3 times. So there is a connection - but again the throttle has no response anymore. I ordered the new controller you recommend. Hopefully everything works fine once I get that.

have you swapped servos around from ch1 to ch2 then vis versa?. if you haven't and ordered a new radio then that was a was of a item to buy. get a cheap servo tester and try all servos b4 buying radio.

I forgot to check on that. I just knew I read a lot of people liked them for electric rc use.

The manual says this though, "With brake and fail safe, out of control protection function.". Which is a weird way to word it, but appears it has it.

Got a cheap recommendation for one with a FS built in?
Oh crap. I purchased that one already :-/

Another question for you guys. As I was saying there was a delay in my throttle servo working then it would work and now nothing. I replaced the old servo with a brand new one. Is it possible the new one is bad? I even reprogrammed the optidrive.

What do you guys think?

My reverse servo works fine.

have you swapped servos around from ch1 to ch2 then vis versa?. if you haven't and ordered a new radio then that was a was of a item to buy. get a cheap servo tester and try all servos b4 buying radio.
Hey yea I tried that. I plugged the reverse into the throttle etc and the reverse worked when I squeezed the throttle. It's like there's something wrong with the channel or something? so frustrating. Also, I can hear a buzzing sound (from one of the servos).

i canceled the order on that radio

now that you said its like something is wrong with the channel so then Id say replace radio. and there are other radios cheaper if you look.. Id get a 3 channel radio. read manual b4 installing in max

The receiver is bad

now that you said its like something is wrong with the channel so then Id say replace radio. and there are other radios cheaper if you look.. Id get a 3 channel radio. read manual b4 installing in max
What radio would you recommend to get? I would need a 3 channel with reverse. If you could post a couple URLs to ones you recommend that would be great!

Is this what I should get:
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-TQ-2...ocphy=9003368&hvtargid=pla-571431014878&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-6519...0DXGBQPBBEZ&psc=1&refRID=F21HJBYJZ0DXGBQPBBEZ

You need a 3 channel radio with a receiver. You had a old am radio that used crystals. The new radios don't use crystals anymore. What you posted is more expensive than what was suggested. I don't recommend radios as I only use Hitec, Airtronics which is more expensive brand. And I can't use cheap radios.

You need a 3 channel radio with a receiver. You had a old am radio that used crystals. The new radios don't use crystals anymore. What you posted is more expensive than what was suggested. I don't recommend radios as I only use Hitec, Airtronics which is more expensive brand. And I can't use cheap radios.
So I ended up getting this one (tried to cancel but was too late) and it works great!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RR81GSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks to all who responded back to me on this thread. Much appreciated!