Definitely going aluminum hex and Definitely staying out the gravel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew42

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think
20210916_152504.jpg
20210916_152504.jpg
20210916_152542.jpg

That's what wrong stripped hex
Gravel has nothing to do with that. The wheel nuts were tight? Loose gravel would be more forgiving on the hubs. If you drove in grass, where the tire tread gets wrapped up with the blades of grass, that would be harder on the hubs than gravel. Were the wheel nuts tight? What were you doing before you noticed you had problems?

I've never had it happen either the nut might have been lose it hadn't been out in 8 years

I've never had it happen either the nut might have been lose it hadn't been out in 8 years
Oh, ok. Over time, plastics will become dry and brittle. I usually give my cars a spritz of WD40 then wipe them down. Keeps plastics soft and flexible. With them drying, they quite possibly shrink a bit as well. That may have caused the nuts to be ever so slightly looser. Just a theory though.

Yeah will try that need all the tips anyone has this is my 4th rc 2nd monster truck frist was a savage x made a couple mistakes with it had to buy a new engine for it but learned something so any tips would be appreciated

Yeah will try that need all the tips anyone has this is my 4th rc 2nd monster truck frist was a savage x made a couple mistakes with it had to buy a new engine for it but learned something so any tips would be appreciated
Just don't get too much WD40 on your tires. It will really soften the rubber. People use this trick to soften hard tires. They soak them overnight in WD40. Just make sure to wash off any that gets on them. I had a but if WD40 dribble on a box full of tires during a move and they looked like they had huge tumors on them by the time I dug them out of the box months later.

I use a quality bristle paintbrush (brown bristles) to wipe on WD40 OR Chemical Guys rubber, tire, and plastic restorer which works GREAT at shining things up haha!