David's Tamiya TT-02 10th scale On-Road TC build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look under the chassis, the bellcrank screws can be drilled through and the chassis has nut pockets molded in to add nuts to the underside.

Doing that is supposed to help some
What I did was grab some long hex screws with a head caps, grease them with silicone or low friction grease, shove a brass insert into each bellcrank, tighten from underneath, then 3mm nuts over the bellcranks.

I basically copied what Tamiya themselves reccomend for the TT02 SR. This made for a very stiff and sturdy setup, but it didn't necessarily fix the steering. It just kept the bellcranks from loosening up.

A cheap fix that might help is a set of metal pivot balls for the front, the stock plastic ones get sloppy quick. I can't make any promises though. I'm just glad that I'm rid of anything TT and went with a Fazer.

Last edited:
Yeah, those curved Amazon scissors are crap. Throw them in the garbage. Get some good straight scissors to do the main areas of the body. For the wheel wells and any curved areas I can't trim off with scissors I lightly score it with an Xacto blade and snap those areas off. Works great in the wheel openings. Score the openings, then cut relief cuts to break the wheel openings out in little sections.
These work amazingly well on lexan & the fender wells. Just got thru trimming a Jconcepts Finnisher body last week for my K6 & they did a great job. I still sanded everything w/ 180g sandpaper, but much less time.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3736473743...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

Similar to what I used to use. I have cuticle scisdors that are curved, and they do great. But I kinda like the Xacto method better.
I've never tried that. I'll will give it try indeed. Get tip! Thanks dude!

Took all the electronics out. Sitting as a roller on display. TT project on hold as I want to focus on the off-road cars during summer. Gonna pick up back on the TT during the fall. Wanting a full rebuild but if not I'll just air compress it all off to make it cleaner.

PXL_20240608_034739630.MP.jpg

PXL_20240608_034744309.MP.jpg

PXL_20240608_035031768.jpg

PXL_20240608_035035918.jpg

shocks and driveshaft

PXL_20240610_000405123.jpg

PXL_20240610_000359600.jpg

PXL_20240610_000354190.jpg

Test drove it. Felt like they were way firmer than the stock friction shocks. But I do like the look of them.

Last edited:
Updated my list:
Aluminum bellcranks (with bearings and tie rods)
_______________ The rest below is only if the bellcrank helps the car go straight
set of .6 mod pinion gears, new spur gear and aluminum mounts and such.
set of tires for aluminum wheels
honda civic hatchback body. Either the castrol body, or eg6 body from the tt02d
Tamiya orange paint (gonna talk to my uncle to see which paints are the best)
And since I'm planning to get a new brushless system for the rustler soon, the system I currently have in there will go into the TT which is a gen1 max10 60a and 3652 4000kv setup. But if that doesn't happen, ill solder up that Yeah Racing 13T 540 motor and one of my traxxas motors and tests those out. should be way faster than the tamiya tuned ones.

I was looking at cheap goolrc combos on amazon and I'm like yeah, I don't wanna risk it getting a bad batch of those things.

Last drive with the TT02, yea that wasn't true. Lol.

Back