Luke's Rustler MM (mid motor)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
i just couldnt wait! this is my mid motor rustler build, kinda inspired by @JCsRCcar. the chassis only costed me 10$ I've gotten pretty far. i have the tranny mounted along with most of the front end. got some pics:
IMG_0327.JPG

the heatsink is a little sloppy.
IMG_0326.JPG

i still have to get a upper chassis plate and a new body. ill try to keep this updated as much as possible.

major progress. i had a huge shipment come in from jennys rc. i mounted the top chassis with the servo on it, and I've got a whole lot of new parts put in there. Pics here:
IMG_0347.JPG

My toe is off, gotta invest in some steering links.
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0350.JPG

Major Question!!!!!
My motor goes backwards (the motor is flipped) how do i get it to go forwards again? its brushless so i can't just flip the wires, can i just flip two of these wires? or do i have to reprogram the esc?
IMG_0351.JPG

more updates coming soon!

Major Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My motor goes backwards (the motor is flipped) how do i get it to go forwards again? its brushless so i can't just flip the wires, can i just flip two of these wires? or do i have to reprogram the esc?

the tranny decided it didnt want to be in a rustler. it always wanted to be in a slash. so now its gone, I'm waiting for transmissions to come back in stock on jennys. i readjusted the front links, so now i dont have funky toe. i also chopped part of the upper chassis deck to make space for the battery.

should have an update soon with some pics.

Commenting in here so I get notifications as you continue the build - this looks really slick, love the idea of mid-motoring the Rustler. I know of some reasons that one might do this - but I’m curious about what your reasons were, in particular.

update! got my trans in finally. so i put the whole thing back together and drove it for the second time (first time the trans went out) this thing is a total BLAST. wheelies, speed, great handling, its all here! got some pics for yall. the tires were stolen from the STASH.
IMG_4718.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg

Back