DarkSoul Racing 1.9 "OMF" Comp Wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ted with DarkSoul Racing and Chino63 over at RCCrawler worked together to come up with an innovative new 1.9 wheel option.

I will be picking up a set of black on black and will provide a review of my findings. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on these.

Here is their official release information......

These are officially licensed by OMF - http://www.omfperformance.com/beadlocked_wheels.php

Black on Black
miniOMFblack.jpg

Black on Silver
miniOMFsilver.jpg

All the bits
wheelparts.jpg

We use a plastic "spool" over the wheel to help ease installation of the tire, there is a nice "wedge" groove for the bead to sit in. Also comes with a pack of 4mm x 22mm pin weights that install behind the beadlocks. Fully loaded the wheel with foam, tire, and all 24 weights come in at 7.6 oz. We are also working on additional weights we are calling "arc weights" that will add even more weight.

http://www.darksoulracing.com/Crawler_Wheels.html

Last edited:
Those are sick looking little wheels, I bet the 1.9 crawlers will love them, thats a pretty cool design with the weight system too....Do they have a similar 2.2 version?

We are working on one, I have some 3d models, but nothing I want to post up just yet, they are very similar to the 1.9 wheels, but we have some additional weigh options. Right now we have the 2.2 wheel at about 8 oz. starting (steel wheels) and maxing out at over 20 oz. fully loaded with weight.

Very slick idea on the weight pins. Will definitely help crawlers. Definitely looks sick. Good luck with the sales!

id go with these...
bd5.jpg

i didnt either, have to just go through the link..

I would like to see the Conventional Black Beadlock with Rock Crawling Domes, the silver with holes and he black ring, those look killer.

But the ones in the link are real rims, not rc

ya i noticed the same thing....not sure lol...I'm assuming the rc ones look like those 1:1's????

Hmmm. That outer ring really hides that beautiful wheel. Not a fan..

doesn't it though? maybe if it was a 2.2 it would look better since the ring would most likely be thinner.
still nice though, i like the black on black..

I received my set yesterday and I must say I am impressed.

Packaging is top notch and each ring is protected in its own sleeve to prevent scratches.

The ring makes installation a breeze compared to the 2.2’s I have put together.

I will post some pics as soon as I get the time to process them.

sooo this was just a teaser post huh rob? lol..

Looks like it.

I intended to post pics when I got home today, but forgot I will be racing all evening.