Damn it I broke it again.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulC

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi,

:(

I had only just 1 tank of fuel almost done, was about to bring it in for fuel and I hit a soccer post lying on the grass. I'd bumped over it slowly a few minutes before so when I seen the buggy was going to hit it I just braked a little... not enough.

Damage list is fairly obscene.

Broke both front hub carriers!
Bent lower suspension holder brackets.
Cracked/Lost suspension shaft holding caps.
Cracked diff case.
Bent suspension shafts.
(Whatever I will find when I break it down to fix)

Out of interest the hub carriers are the weakest part of the car, they have a common point of failure. The last one I broke I CA glued and then wound 3 layers of tough kitchen roll around, soaking each layer in CA glue and left for 24 hours. Would you believe the joint was so strong the hub carrier actually fractured at a different location 3 or 4 mm away from the original fix? I'd say that means the CA glue and kitchen roll concept works.

Metal hub carriers are like £43/$70! If I fit those I think it will take a few more knocks, but when I hit something hard it will be more suspension holders and diff cases.

Just can't keep the thing on the road if I keep hitting things :(

Paul

ouch most crashes like that just means 1 or 2 new parts but you
oh deer i feel for you

electric is for kids nitro is for big kids

Pheww.. I got home at 7pm. It's now 11pm and the tools just went away.

Broke both front hub carriers!
++ Fresh ones fitted, broken ones glueing.

Bent lower suspension holder brackets.
++ Lower suspension holder brackets hammered straight.

Cracked/Lost suspension shaft holding caps.
++ One glued, another found in stock spares bag.

Cracked diff case.
++ Thick CA glue + kitchen roll and more CA glue.

Bent suspension shafts.
++ Straightened!

The only blurb was the steer slider was catching on the diff as it now sits about 1mm higher. I put a washer under the steer stay bolt and it still catches, but doesn't stay caught and it's only at full lock left.

So, buggy is back in action!

Paul

I'm almost affraid to ask, but what buggy do ya have? Oh, and good goin on the home remedies!! :)

One bit of advice allways check the area your going to run your rc car on properly. Saves things being smashed up checking the area your going to use.:)

Last edited:
When you say kitchen roll, are you referring to paper towels?

Yep, strong dual ply paper towels. Not "bog roll/toilet paper", the kitchen stuff is stronger.

Basically what you are doing is creating paper-a-mashay with CA glue and as far as I can tell once hardened it's as strong as resin plastic .. possibly stronger.

Definitely an idea that I will keep in mind. Thanks for the info. Great idea.:first_place:

Back