Dad Idea - Video on why so many RC Tracks are closing down?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Dad brought up the idea to make a YouTube video on why so many RC Tracks are closing down. He also said that I should put in video clips from previous tracks in my area such as RCUA, BACH, and MRH. - (RC Underground Arena, Bay Area Computers/Hobbies, and Middle River Hobbies)

Any ideas/thoughts?

Tell dad to buy you a track 🤣
Only if he wins the lottery he says.

If we do, it would be named, David and Ricky RC and Pizza. 1/10 carpet offroad, maybe another track, with a pizza eatery. Cause the last tracks, One was right nextdoor to a pizza bolis, and the other one was across the mall and it was a little ceasers. 🤣 😍

No offense, but (that means my next statement might be taken as offensive but not intended to be) it sounds like a kinda boring video.

I would be genuinely curious as to why they closed. I'd bet it's 99% due to a lack of funds. Inflation tends to take its toll on toys.

If we do, it would be named, David and Ricky RC and Pizza. 1/10 carpet offroad, maybe another track, with a pizza eatery. Cause the last tracks, One was right nextdoor to a pizza bolis, and the other one was across the mall and it was a little ceasers. 🤣 😍
I will fully support a wookie statue in the lobby. 😆

Instead of trains, use rc to deliver 🤣

I will fully support a wookie statue in the lobby. 😆
Nah, it will be the opposite ;)
Film Festival GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

I would be genuinely curious as to why they closed. I'd bet it's 99% due to a lack of funds. Inflation tends to take its toll on toys.
Well, let me see.

1st local track, MRH. It was a hobby shop, carpet offroad and carpet onroad. That lasted from 2010 - 2016. Now its only a indoor onroad by 180 Raceway. Not sure why they closed. My uncle used to race there. Ideally it was a un announced / rushed closure

2nd Local track, BACH. That lasted 2016 - 2022. Carpet offroad, and fully stocked shop. I'm buddies with the owners. Rent took him out. If I remember correctly, he was paying 6k a month. About 90ft by 30ft my dad is guessing. Also he really didn't get in people. Only locals basically for club race night. Although on the last race day, it was packed. And they were racin till 3am the next day , And even ran 8th scale lol.

3rd local track, RCUA, That lasted only 9 months. Feb. 23' - Nov. 23'. Indoor carpet offroad, drift and mini z. The spot was basically hidden, and underground too. Again, only the locals, but they did have I think 2 big mini z races. Owner got a deal for the rent as it was owned by the county, but it was recently sold to private owners so thats one reason he had to get out. Also the other reason was due to fire code because we only had 1 main exit that was going up stairs to the back parking lot.

My current local track, "The Track" has been there for 31 years. Back in the day it was slot cars and a carpet onroad/offroad track. Now is a offroad clay track, mini z, and full shop. Only reason why she is still there as its popular, well known, been there for time, and big races from time to time (ROAR regionals)

One BIG reason I thought about is because I feel like there are LESS younger kids (like me, or younger) into the hobby and racing. Most of the time its older folks. Back when I did my first race back at the 2nd track in 2016. Short Course truck class was huge. I raced in the 2wd SCT Young Guns class and we had about 6+ kids. Now I only see me and maybe 3 other kids (my age) I know at the tracks now.

Last edited:
"IF YOU DON'T RACE YOU DON'T BELONG ON THE TRACK".
If young RCers avoid the race tracks then there aren't any new racers. There are so few racers in the state of Washington that 2 tracks on opposite sides of the state can't run on the same day.

One BIG reason I thought about is because I feel like there are LESS younger kids (like me, or younger) into the hobby and racing.

I didn’t realize the depth of the rc world until just a few months ago. Wasn’t really thing where I grew up. Had a couple toy rcs as a kid, lasted until the included pack of disposable batteries ran out 😂. It’s not really much of a thing in my current area either, without a couple hour travel. Too peopley for me to get into racing or anything 🤣. It has been a fun few months though and we found a hit with my boy (he’s not really into sports, I’m not much either anymore, won’t go into why 🤣).

Edit: he is into a couple sports, is on the schools archery and rifle teams

Back