Crawler ESC question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If I wanna use a sidewinder esc in a crawler with a brushed motor how do I connect them exactly? The esc has 3 wires coming off of it and the brushed motors only use 2 wires.

You just leave the 3rd wire off and set it up as brushed...which if I recall is the white wire.

Are you running a single esc?

No...I'm gonna run either 2 sidewinders or I might get that Novak M2 dig ESC.

Ok. Heres how you wire dual esc's. Think it through before getting a m2 though, they have like 80% bad feedback on them and HORRIBLE resale if you decide you wanna sell the esc. You can run micro's too if your going duals, they can be had fairly cheap for a couple sidewinder or mamba micros.

superwiringhp4.png

I have also heard as much bad feedback on Novaks M2, I have a module that you can run into both esc to power your rig. And it works similar to the M2 or the Punk Dig. And its compact too. Incase you decide on this method let me know and I will shoot you over full specs of it.

http://overkillrc.ecwid.com/product?4266062

I purchased mine from the original builder of these, not the 2nd hand builds.

I didnt know the M2 was a POS....I'll probably just run dual sidewinders since I already have one anyway. Maybe eventually when I get the money maybe Ill upgrade it to tekin 45T's and FXRs.

On the diagram I'm assuming only one of the power lines can run to the Esc, I'm also assuming it doesn't matter which one gives the RX power. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Are the FXRs alot better than using sidewinders? I already have one sidewinder and they are cheaper than FXRs but if there is a world of difference between them maybe I'll just buy the FXRs up front.

Nope the fxr's are just another option. They arent any better imo. Most guys run castle which are cheaper to buy and the link is alot cheaper than the fxr link. The tekin motors arent any better than what you have now. The rockstars are nice motors. If you wanna upgrade motors, you will have to shell out some coin for nice handwounds from Holmes or Team Broods, other than that you wont be getting better than what you have much.

On the esc's, you run both pos to a battery lead as well as both negs. So just run all esc leads to a deans and be done. Then both connect to the rx.

I run the Rockstar 35t and man is it an awesome powerplant.