Count one more in on the fun...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Count one more into the crawler scene, that's right I just picked up the following items:

axial-ax10.jpg

Axial AX10 Scorpion
Mamba Max ESC
11.4v 1100mah lipo

Motor and servo have yet to be picked out, I'll worry more about those once I get this closer to being completed.

I'm officially blaming flm_savage for me spending all this money this evening - if he would have just given me his Axial SCX10 from the lotto I wouldn't have gotten the AX10... thanks flm! :D

so your going to turn this into a scaler or just leave it as a crawler???

so your going to turn this into a scaler or just leave it as a crawler???

Sorry posted this in the wrong forum... moved to the correct one now ;)

It's going to be a crawler!

ok i gotcha. have fun putting it together, when you take all them bags of parts outta the box for the first time its gonna look like a pain! but its super easy, just make sure you use alotta grease in your axles and trans and thread lock the crap outta your grubs on the drive lines.

sweet can't wait to see what u build up woodie

Nice, congrats on the new rig WoodiE! I have that same kit, I love it, but I can't remember where I got mine though, oh yeah, I won it here :D

Kick ass buy WoodiE. I'm still debating one but I think with all you vets going slow, I may have to join in.

BTW, add weight to the wheels right from the get go, or you will be pulling those beadlocks apart later to add them. Someone here did a great how to on adding weight to the rims :hehe:

good idea Joe, also, if you want to drop a few more bucks, pick up a EEM triangulated skid wich will help rid you of the horrible torque twist you will have and some of EEM's body mounts so you dont have to drill holes in a new body to mount it....and if you have the extra, get tires bro, I'm serious, you will hate those rock lizards!

Nice, congrats on the new rig WoodiE! I have that same kit, I love it, but I can't remember where I got mine though, oh yeah, I won it here :D

One of these days I'm going to figure out a way to win rc's from here... one of these days.

good idea Joe, also, if you want to drop a few more bucks, pick up a EEM triangulated skid wich will help rid you of the horrible torque twist you will have and some of EEM's body mounts so you dont have to drill holes in a new body to mount it....and if you have the extra, get tires bro, I'm serious, you will hate those rock lizards!

I was kinda wondering if there was any upgrades I should get right out of the box. I'll have to head over to EEM and pick up a skid plate and mounts then.

Definitely get tires! The rock lizards are crap, and they stink too, lol. The dual triangulation skid is great, as SNG mentioned it helps big time with the torque twist. I'm sure Joe at EEM would hook ya up with a good deal on some parts :D

congrats woodster!! i didnt think i would like the crawling thing but i tried it anyway, and i must say its pretty enjoyable! its just amazing watching a rig that size crawl over what it will.

i have the goat brushless setup on mine and even on nimh i have plenty of power, and a nice rpm to boot.

please tell me your getting a different body.. dunno what axial was thinking.

the high clearance links for the front made a noticeable difference on mine, and i will be getting the BTA kit, EEM skid, and 4 link plate for the rear soon.

Definitely get tires! The rock lizards are crap, and they stink too, lol. The dual triangulation skid is great, as SNG mentioned it helps big time with the torque twist. I'm sure Joe at EEM would hook ya up with a good deal on some parts :D

hell yeah they stink! i hate rock lizards so bad! every time I've gotten a set they went straight into the trash, well, except for the very first pair....if you need any one on one help woodie, I'm sure Joe can answer your questions and you can pm me any time if needed.

Ok where is the noobie hand book at for rock crawling? What is dual triangulation in the first place? EEM has a single hybrid skid plate and a double reverse skid plate - why one over another?

As for the tires, I have no sense of smell at all so what they smell like doesn't matter but they look hella terrible so I'll be changing them anyways.

congrats woodster!! i didnt think i would like the crawling thing but i tried it anyway, and i must say its pretty enjoyable! its just amazing watching a rig that size crawl over what it will.

i have the goat brushless setup on mine and even on nimh i have plenty of power, and a nice rpm to boot.

please tell me your getting a different body.. dunno what axial was thinking.

the high clearance links for the front made a noticeable difference on mine, and i will be getting the BTA kit, EEM skid, and 4 link plate for the rear soon.

Yeah this body is not my cup of tea that's for sure. I might try to get it painted like factory just for the heck of it but that's it. For an actual running body I haven't decided what I'm going to go with yet.

-Michael

Ok where is the noobie hand book at for rock crawling? What is dual triangulation in the first place? EEM has a single hybrid skid plate and a double reverse skid plate - why one over another?

As for the tires, I have no sense of smell at all so what they smell like doesn't matter but they look hella terrible so I'll be changing them anyways.

-Michael

The hybrid leaves one set of links to the outer edge of the skid but still inside the chassis rails, while the other side is dual triangulate. What dual triangulation is, your upper links will go from the inside of the chassis to the center of the axle in a triangular configuration, but the stock lower links run from the outer edges of the axle also to the chassis but are pretty much straight. The dual triangulation skid will move the lower links closer to the center of the skid so that they are now also in a triangular configuration. It greatly helps reduce or eliminate torque twist that is common with the stock set up. I have both but I use the dual triangulation skid on mine

well stated Joe, i have had the same setup that the hybrid gives and its not really a great improvement and the double is.

Nice to see you slowing down Woody, and yes as stated go with the double reverse triangulation skid, it was what I ran until I got my new chassis, and I am still running because it also happens to be set up that way and it works great, as for tires get your self either HB Rovers, Proline Chisels, or Cougar Panthers, or even Losi Rock or Comp Claws, all will be a dramatic improvement over the stock tread, whick ones you go with will be setermined by how big/tall of a tire you want. You can also PM me if you need any help, but I am sure Lloyd or Joe will be able to give you all the help you will need, As you can see from my crawler if you looked at it lately there is not much of the original parts left on it from when I won it on here, LOL!!! And if this addiction takes hold of you like it does most of us yours will end up the same way, Good Luck and Happy building!!

Back