Converting an Losi Aftershock yo Electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Good afternoon everybody. I have a Losi Aftershock with an M26 in it with a 2 speed transmission. I would like to change it from nitro to Electric. This will be a winter project for me because I am currently in Afghanistan. I plan on taking vacation around the end of Jan. Losi sells an electric conversion kit but I have heard a lot of bad reviews about it. I would like to know from you pros out there which conversion kit is better. I'm just a basher. I would take it to the local track but I don't race. Give me your opinions guys so I go ahead and order parts so they will be there when I get home. Thanks for your help.

Call out for sur3fir3, he has an E-LST2, he might be able to give you a better insight, since I remember reading that a lot of LST, LST2, and Aftershock parts are interchangeable.

Here's a link to @sur3fir3's build, @greywolf74 and @MudSlinger33 are a couple other guys that have done the conversions, maybe they'll chime in. You can also look over in the LST forum, there should be a few threads in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you SchrodeMode. I will take a look at that. I appreciate your help.

The Losi Conversion kit is crap. It puts all of the weight in the ass end of the kit and the motor mount is set up to be used with the stock 2 stage pinion and has very little room for adjustments. I would recommend the dudes racing motor mount, you can use the losi single speed conversion (it hasnt caused me any trouble yet) but the dudes racing one looks like its built better, and just a generic Tekno v3 or v4 battery tray mounted up in front of the transmission. This may cause you to have to remove the RX tray and find alternate mounting locations. I personally used a Tekin 1550kv truggy motor but found that I had to gear way up on my pinion to get the speed I wanted out of it. so if I were doing it all over again (I bought the Losi kit originally) Id do those things and Id go with something closer to a 1700 or 1900kv motor so i could use smaller pinions. The LST2/Aftershock wasn't made to handle the power of brushless electric motors and as a result I've had to do a lot of hop ups to my LST2. Heres a list of what I can remember off the top of my head.

Aluminum Steering Knuckles
Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles.
RPM A-Arms all the way around with Lunsford links for the upper arms
Heavy Duty Diff cases
Aluminum Shock Towers
Aluminum Chassis Brace
Aluminum Bell crank

The top 3 are mods Id personally recommend while you are doing the conversion. The Heavy duty diff cases I would also recommend up front but thestock ones will last awhile before they get chewed up inside so it could be done a little further down the road. The last 3 are upgrades that I did but I've only broken each of those parts one time a piece so you could keep those as stock if you dont mind periodically replacing them.

Last edited:
Thank you Greywolf. I couldn't find the Losi single speed conversion anywhere. I will probably have to go with the Dudes. I appreciate your feedback.

The Losi Conversion kit is crap. It puts all of the weight in the ass end of the kit and the motor mount is set up to be used with the stock 2 stage pinion and has very little room for adjustments. I would recommend the dudes racing motor mount, you can use the losi single speed conversion (it hasnt caused me any trouble yet) but the dudes racing one looks like its built better, and just a generic Tekno v3 or v4 battery tray mounted up in front of the transmission. This may cause you to have to remove the RX tray and find alternate mounting locations. I personally used a Tekin 1550kv truggy motor but found that I had to gear way up on my pinion to get the speed I wanted out of it. so if I were doing it all over again (I bought the Losi kit originally) Id do those things and Id go with something closer to a 1700 or 1900kv motor so i could use smaller pinions. The LST2/Aftershock wasn't made to handle the power of brushless electric motors and as a result I've had to do a lot of hop ups to my LST2. Heres a list of what I can remember off the top of my head.

Aluminum Steering Knuckles
Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles.
RPM A-Arms all the way around with Lunsford links for the upper arms
Heavy Duty Diff cases
Aluminum Shock Towers
Aluminum Chassis Brace
Aluminum Bell crank

The top 3 are mods Id personally recommend while you are doing the conversion. The Heavy duty diff cases I would also recommend up front but thestock ones will last awhile before they get chewed up inside so it could be done a little further down the road. The last 3 are upgrades that I did but I've only broken each of those parts one time a piece so you could keep those as stock if you dont mind periodically replacing them.
Thanks for info pal just doing my aftershock conversion to electric now motor arrives Thursday

Back