Contest: Enter the RCNitroTalk Football Challenge, Win a FREE R/C!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that was Woodies original plan for this, you lose you're out. I know that differs from the ESPN rules, but since this is just for us at RCNT, I am not sure if we are going with the rules as Mike posted in the opening post, or the ESPN rules. Hope its Woodies! :hehe::p:

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

--------EDIT----------

Looks like the rules have been changed in the first post, (suuuuure after Woodie loses one :p:), to now use the ESPN rules, so I guess no one is out...yet.

It was my screw up guys and I do apologize. I looked at the name of the game that ESPN gave it and thought it was a lose you're out kinda thing, only to find out after I posted the contest that the ESPN rules says different.

It makes not sense to me to name the game "Eliminator" but then in the rules say it's a best record of the season. In fact ESPN's group options doesn't even give me an option to set it up the way we wanted to.

At any rate, I have updated the contest to match the rules on ESPN. Best record of the season wins.

Robmob has given me a link for next years contest that does in fact allow me to change settings however we want.

Hope this doesn't cause to much confusion. Keep picking and lets see who has the best score at the end of the season!!!

Bummer. I didn't pick games this week. Probably killed my chances now

Is the league full?? I can't join!

Bummer. I didn't pick games this week. Probably killed my chances now

You still have a Monday night game you can pick from.

Is the league full?? I can't join!

Why not? Does it give you an error message of any kind? You should be able to join and leave the league at any time.

Do we want people to be able to join at any time? It seems that there should be some sort of lock in date so someone with a great record just shows up at the end to win it all. Leaving the league doesn't really matter but allowing anyone to join at any time would allow anyone outside the 47 or so already there to win.

If they joined right now they'd already be missing two games from their stats. The longer they wait obviously the worse off they would be. Perfect score doesn't mean anything, having the most wins at the end does.

Alright well i know i joined a week late but I'm officially in! I didnt wanna miss two weeks so I had to pick a team from the Giants- Rams game tonight. I went with the giants so this will probably be like the second time ill watch a giants game. I hate them so much!

If they joined right now they'd already be missing two games from their stats. The longer they wait obviously the worse off they would be. Perfect score doesn't mean anything, having the most wins at the end does.

So, what happens to those that have been playing on ESPN already that have perfect records at week 14 or 15 that join in? Those are the people I'm more concerned about.
Looks to be an exciting season!

I'm glad it went this way, I was able to pick a team in the second week and I won of course :D

You mofos know it will be rare for me to loose when I pick teams....some of you know better than others LOL

You got lucky Pete, I was liking my odds with over 20 teams eliminated, after all this is supposed to be an elimination challenge :p: You should be watching me win :D

You got lucky Pete, I was liking my odds with over 20 teams eliminated, after all this is supposed to be an elimination challenge :p: You should be watching me win :D

If I would have had Internet for week one I would be 2-0...you my freind are lucky to have a one game head start :D

I would feel a lot better if all you undefeated guys would hurry up and loose one

You football guys need to discuss publicly who you think is gonna win...lol.

I think everyone should pick the Broncos to win!

I use WAG to make my picks.

Back