Connecting rods matance

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were me, and you like the traxxas, Id buy it and then immediately yank the new 3.3 engine and sell it. Then you can use that money to buy a .28 from Losi, Dynamite, LRP, Picco or SH to pop in that bad boy. You'll notice quite a difference going from a .20in³ (or a 3.3cm³) to a .28in³ (or 4.6cm³) sized engine. Heck you could even jump up to a .30in³ (or 4.9cm³) or .32in³ (or 5.2cm³) engine if you really wanted to. I love Traxxas trucks and their engines arent bad, they just aint big enough in most peoples opinions.

Not to contradict @Greywolf74, but I think it would be more beginner-friendly to run it stock for a while to get used to nitro and all the maintenance stuff before upgrading the engine. That way, if any mistakes are to be made, it won't be on an expensive upgraded engine. I've also seen some people drop OS carbs into the 3.3 that makes it produce more torque.

Not to contradict @Greywolf74, but I think it would be more beginner-friendly to run it stock for a while to get used to nitro and all the maintenance stuff before upgrading the engine. That way, if any mistakes are to be made, it won't be on an expensive upgraded engine. I've also seen some people drop OS carbs into the 3.3 that makes it produce more torque.
Thats actually a good recommendation for a new user. Id prolly go with Turbos suggestion until you feel like your ready for a bigger engine :)

Sometimes I get stuck in my mindsets :)

Good idea ,better to learn with a cheapy!..:hehe:...:thumbs-up:

If it were me, and you like the traxxas, Id buy it and then immediately yank the new 3.3 engine and sell it. Then you can use that money to buy a .28 from Losi, Dynamite, LRP, Picco or SH to pop in that bad boy. You'll notice quite a difference going from a .20in³ (or a 3.3cm³) to a .28in³ (or 4.6cm³) sized engine. Heck you could even jump up to a .30in³ (or 4.9cm³) or .32in³ (or 5.2cm³) engine if you really wanted to. I love Traxxas trucks and their engines arent bad, they just aint big enough in most peoples opinions.
i think i am gonna stick with the 3.3 to learn then when i get use to it upgrade to a bigger engine

Thanks i am going to most likely get a T maxx 3.3 losi 8ight truggy or a kyosho

I would not get the Tmaxx if you are not wanting or drive an MT. ,If you are looking for
a faster or a racing type ,then I would much rather spend that coin on a Losi ,doubt if
would be able to touch a Kyosho ,they are expensive!

What ever you get ,choose wisely ,I would not pay the coin for a Traxxas ,I am beyond
bashing ,if I had that coin to spend ,it would be for a race platform!.. :thumbs-up:

I would not get the Tmaxx if you are not wanting or drive an MT. ,If you are looking for
a faster or a racing type ,then I would much rather spend that coin on a Losi ,doubt if
would be able to touch a Kyosho ,they are expensive!

What ever you get ,choose wisely ,I would not pay the coin for a Traxxas ,I am beyond
bashing ,if I had that coin to spend ,it would be for a race platform!.. :thumbs-up:
The only mt i have ever driven was the Rival mt 10 not really a fun one because i don't jump rc cars idk are all mts like that? however i do like popping wheelies and crushing other cars but the rival is too small to crush other cars and it doesn't have much wheelie popping power on 2s another thing i don't like about it is when it breaks it's nose goes down and when you acclerate the back squats is it just me or is it because i never messed with the shocks idk how to fix the nose down issue

Last edited:
The only mt i have ever driven was the Rival mt 10 not really a fun one because i don't jump rc cars idk are all mts like that? however i do like popping wheelies and crushing other cars but the rival is too small to crush other cars and it doesn't have much wheelie popping power on 2s
MT are good for wheelies not so good at cornering. Truggies awesome at cornering not as good at wheelies.

MT are good for wheelies not so good at cornering. Truggies awesome at cornering not as good at wheelies.
thought so never seen a buggy/truggy pop a wheelie but for a 2wd poping a small wheelie for like 2 seconds hey you know how to fix the shock issue? about when i use breaks on a mt the nose dives down and when i accelarte the back squats it's only on my rival MT

thought so never seen a buggy/truggy pop a wheelie but for a 2wd poping a small wheelie for like 2 seconds hey you know how to fix the shock issue? about when i use breaks on a mt the nose dives down and when i accelarte the back squats it's only on my rival MT

Truggy's will pop wheelies wit the right engine ,but a high end engine or modified one!
But really ,which ever one you decide!

I been doing MT's for a long time ,I am burned out on them ,it is time for the next level!.. :thumbs-up:

I'm not very familiar with the Rival MT10 but it appears to be a brushless 1/10 scale MT so for the breaking issue You can go in to the ESC programming options and set the max breaking power. Depending on how programmable the ESC you may even be able to set braking curves.

You want the back to squat some under hard acceleration but if its doing it to much there are a number of ways you can tune your suspension. You can use pre-load spacers to make your existing springs a little stiffer, you could use stiffer springs, or you can fill the shocks with a heavier weight oil.

Truggy's will pop wheelies wit the right engine ,but a high end engine or modified one!
But really ,which ever one you decide!

I been doing MT's for a long time ,I am burned out on them ,it is time for the next l

I'm not very familiar with the Rival MT10 but it appears to be a brushless 1/10 scale MT so for the breaking issue You can go in to the ESC programming options and set the max breaking power. Depending on how programmable the ESC you may even be able to set braking curves.

You want the back to squat some under hard acceleration but if its doing it to much there are a number of ways you can tune your suspension. You can use pre-load spacers to make your existing springs a little stiffer, you could use stiffer springs, or you can fill the shocks with a heavier weight oil.
alright thanks looks like they don't have preloads but they are threaded but for pre loads is it bigger the preload stiffer the shock?

alright thanks looks like they don't have preloads but they are threaded but for pre loads is it bigger the preload stiffer the shock?
If the shocks are threaded then there is going to be a ring at the top of the spring that you can spin down to add pre-load to the shocks.

The more you screw down and compress the springs, the stiffer they get.
alright thanks
If the shocks are threaded then there is going to be a ring at the top of the spring that you can spin down to add pre-load to the shocks.
thanks i tried the max stiffness and it still goes nose down whail breaking and there seems to be no break settings

alright thanks

thanks i tried the max stiffness and it still goes nose down whail breaking and there seems to be no break settings
Ok, I looked at the MT10 ESC manual and it doesn't appear to be very programmable but it does have proportional breaking which means the harder you push the trigger forward the harder its going to brake so you may just need to be lighter on the breaks when applying them

Back