Congratulations for Retread316

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about using Nitro intravenously?? I'm on Mountain Dew about 10 hours a day already!!

Retread looking at your photo i`d say 10 hours a day has affected your eyes;)

Originally posted by Easy-MAXX
Retread looking at your photo i`d say 10 hours a day has affected your eyes;)

LMAO

WoodiE...as top poster do i get the luxury of having a custom maxx pic,this in turn can be given to anyone brave enough to overtake me:D

Unfortunately...the Avatars are using a bunch of bandwidth...we're discussing how best to handle that...

would it be fair to limit them to 10 custom ones for mods and top posters;)

It's not the number of Avatars...

Several factors contribute to the bandwidth issue with the Avatars.

1. The number of total Avatars available to display.

2. The number of members that can display Avatars.

For instance - say you have a thread with 20 posts. And each post is a different member with a different Avatar, that is 20 distinct downloads to display the thread - and a good thump on the bandwidth slice.

Each Avatar is pretty small (about 5k)...but add it up, if you multiply 5k times the number of posts in each thread, times the number of views for each thread - it adds up VERY QUICKLY.

So - it would speed up the forum in general and speed up the display time for each page (especially for dial up connections).

Another option is to have the Avatars hosted by the individual - like when you post a picture - the only problem with that is that it's very difficult to restrict the size of the Avatars...and that could get ugly really quick!

So - Master Woodie's watching stats pretty close and it will be determined pretty soon...

I used Ulead Photo Impact 7...it's just another graphics editing program like Photoshop.

would it be fair if the moderators and top ten posters had them,and the rest do not have them,it is not much different to the stars we used to have on the traxxas forum.

Yes, what Retread316 has been warning everyone about is correct. There has been some discussion about limiting the use of avatars.

I will be watching the stats and transfers for about a week, from there we will make a decision about the use or lack of avatars.

-WoodiE

How many posts do I have to have to get a custom title under my name????

I want mine to read:

StrokeMaster

Thats it, no more, no less.....

:banana:

· User Titles - These titles change as you post. Members with 1,500 or more posts may use custom titles which can be changed in their profile.

Ugh - this means more work.... Hey Woodie - if I promise never to use the Traxxas forum again can I transfer my number of posts?!?!?!?

LOL! j/k.....

Better watch it EZ, I'm on yer coat tails hehehe

:banana: :banana: :banana:
I LOVE THE BADANNA!

chris,

I could make your post count 29,000 instead of 29 hows that?
LoL

-WoodiE

Thats cool!

Then I could change my title to:

"Sick Manic Compulsive Who Needs To Get A Life!"

you got one Chris,with us sick nitro heads;) and i`m sure you will give me a run for my top poster position.:banana:

Now it sounds like a cult hahahaha

Its ok son, we have more where that came from ;)

I dont know about taking you out of the top there EZ. At least not until winter comes around. Then, I will have nothing to do but clean my cars and make parts.

But I do enjoy this very much so :banana:

a lot of guys are catching up with me quickly,wont be too long before a lot of guys are over 200 posts

Chris how bad does winter get where you live,is it snow and naff weather for long?we can still bash in our winter,well i did last one,not so sure about this one.

Back