Computer problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I have a video problem that I'm not sure of.
My comp beeps during boot up and my monitor will not come on. I'm at the office comp right now.
I've already tried another monitor, and I'm getting the same thing.
What are your thoughts that the NVidia GForce video card is fried.

what is the beep? the rythem means something. if its a never ending beep beeep beeep its memory. i think 8 quick beeps means video card.

try reseating both and booting it up again.

I'll have to go back and check the beep sequence. How can I reset anything when I can't get it to boot of show on screen.
If I turn the monitor off and on again, I get the little square window that says it's going to sleep.

Not reset. He wants you to re-seat the cards.

Ah. I already pressed it to make sure it was seated, but I'll pull it, check the contacts and re-seat it.

Here's the beep sequence:

Beeeeep.....beeeeep.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.....(repeat)

one second...one second...3 seconds...(repeat) Repeats after 2 second pause.

Last edited:
The beep sequence is different for every manufacturer also. Keep an eye on the lights on the keyboard as well (i.e. caps lock, scroll lock, etc) if they flash in a pattern, pay attention to it. I know for a fact that Dell for one uses this method. Take the info you get from notating the beeps and / or light flashes and go to the manufacturer site and Google and it should point you in the right direction.

It's the HP media center. $1200 just for the tower, and it's not 2 years old yet.
This is wearing me out. I live on the 6th floor of the other building, and my office in on the 6th floor of this building. It's a long walk between the two, and on top of it all, it's raining.
I'll see if I can get one of my spare comps on line so I can at least stay in the same room.
I'll go check the blinks.

EDIT:

Here is what I came up with:

2 short beeps, one long one, repeats 5 times.
Video card not initializing.

Now I have to hike back home and pull the card.

Last edited:
It's the HP media center. $1200 just for the tower, and it's not 2 years old yet.
This is wearing me out. I live on the 6th floor of the other building, and my office in on the 6th floor of this building. It's a long walk between the two, and on top of it all, it's raining.
I'll see if I can get one of my spare comps on line so I can at least stay in the same room.
I'll go check the blinks.

EDIT:

Here is what I came up with:

2 short beeps, one long one, repeats 5 times.
Video card not initializing.

Now I have to hike back home and pull the card.

I'll dig some more for you in a bit Rolex, just busy at work right this sec, but I did find this for you so far. Hope it helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07107&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If your comp has another video slot (most desktops have an integrated video driver) you can try plugging it into that and pulling the card to make sure.

I'm HOME.

Bought a new card. ATI Radeon premium, HD 4350.
512MB GDDR2 mem and also has an HDMI 1080p connector.

Obviously the other card went bad with no warning. It died peacefully in its sleep mode. :D

A special thanks to you, HPI for that beep mode info.

Speaking of computer stuff did you ever get the disc I sent....it has been awhile.

special thanks to hpiguy!!! it was my idea!! :D

just glad you got it going. i bet you were running the hove-round battery down going back and forth!!

OOOOOOPS!

Screw you, HPIguy, and a VERY SPECIAL thank you to my very good friend....uh, what's his name. Starts with a B, I think.

Joe, I got that disc yesterday. Thanks very much. :first_place: It must have come on a slow boat from Chi......uh, Japan.

Seriously, Thanks to all the members who pitch in every time someone needs help, no matter WHAT it is. This site is the best on the net, due to all the good guys who hang out here because they don't have a life. :whhooo:

Never mind, that would include me. :D

You have a life , Rolex. It's centered around polishing your Savage.

Bought a new card. ATI Radeon premium, HD 4350.
512MB GDDR2 mem and also has an HDMI 1080p connector.

sorry to hear that.

:hehe:

BFGTECH4TW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a major gamer, and I didn't have time to order on line.
Pouring rain all day today, so I went to Office Depot and grabbed their top of the line card.
I'm about to run a movie.

OOOOOOPS!

y very good friend....uh, what's his name. Starts with a B, I think.

Joe, I got that disc yesterday. Thanks very much. :first_place: It must have come on a slow boat from Chi......uh, Japan.
:D
Are you going to use that bad assed processor I put in there for ya?:D

Ah, of course. I forgot to mention that. I'm sure it will come into play in about a week. I have 3 new used comps that I'll be tearing into.

Thanks VERY much, and I just noticed today that Norton had expired on the new MS 7 office comp. Perfect timing.

Yuda Mann :first_place:

Back