Cold weather starts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just wondering, my truck sitting in the cold garage, could that make it so the electric start wouldnt wanna barely turn the motor over even with a fresh battery?

sure can, bring it in the house and let it warm up to room temp , or use the hairdryer method to get some heat in your head before you try to start it. in cold temps everything moves slower ! lol !

Ya i move slower in the cold also. Just wasn't sure if it would really affect it turning over being that it not a oil bath bottom end, but temps can do some weird things to metal i guess. Thanks

just like a real car the turn over hard when its cold also same concept

Thats what i was sayin a partial reason for a car turning over hard is because the oil thickens up. The crank in the rc crank isnt submerged in a tank of thick cold oil. But either way i will give it another shot tomorrow. Thanks all

That is def the problem. When I was outside, it would even turn at all. Brought it in the house, warmed it up and just to make sure it wasn't the EZ start, i tried to start in the house and it went on immediatly.....good smelling fumes, HAHA