Clutch upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jury1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a hpi g3.0 ho engine and my clutch springs have gone sloppy its only a 2 shoe clutch. Is there any rules and possibilities for getting a better clutch like a 3 or 4 shoe clutch? And do most flywheels fit other models? Thanks

The quick answer is no, you will need to trial and error on this, getting, new springs will be cheaper.

Hi guys, I have a hpi g3.0 ho engine and my clutch springs have gone sloppy its only a 2 shoe clutch. Is there any rules and possibilities for getting a better clutch like a 3 or 4 shoe clutch? And do most flywheels fit other models? Thanks
As long as the inner diameter of the flywheel is the same as the old one you should be able to use it. You may have to shim it up differently than the old one but it should work. At least in my limited experience. I've swapped flywheels a couple times on .28s and never had a problem other than having to shim it up. That being said I never switched a 2 shoe to a 3 shoe so IDK if that makes a difference or not.

Cheers, I put the new clutch in all working great now I can't seem to get a tune on the car. I got it to idle nice acceleration is good but one I let off the throttle from high rpm it cuts out and dint return to idle? It's really frustrating 😕

Cheers, I put the new clutch in all working great now I can't seem to get a tune on the car. I got it to idle nice acceleration is good but one I let off the throttle from high rpm it cuts out and dint return to idle? It's really frustrating 😕
See if this tuning flow chart doesn't give ya some insight.

https://www.rctalk.com/misc/tuning-flowchart.pdf

I had it tuned perfectly before. Its hitting all the marks until full throttle I let off it will idle for a few seconds then shuts off its really odd