Clutch spring

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erfaa

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

I am very new to the RC car world which I started with 8 year old son :)
This is a lot of fun but we have had our share of troubles already.

We have a pro 15 Thunder Tiger engine. I think it is the BXP. At idle the wheels engage and I am pretty sure my idle is not running too fast. I looked up the internet and discovered that the clutch spring may be broken. So I bought one and dismantled the engine only to find no spring in there. I have looked at many youtube videos and my clutch assembly (two pads which seem to be in some platsic/polymer material) does not allow for a spring nor any retaining device. Can anybody give me a tip on what is going on please ?

Thanks in advance.

hmmm mine has a plastic clutch with a grove with a spring so , hmmmmmmm

Compare what you have to the exploded views of the engine inside either the engine's manual or the kit's manual. You should be able to see what is missing, how it fits together and typically the part number of the part(s) you need to replace (if any).

If you still need help please post up the name of your kit (assuming its the stock engine) and maybe I can find soemthing that way. I did a google search for ".15 Thunder Tiger engine ABX" that you mentioned and didnt turn up anything. I did find one TT .15 engine but I would like to be sure its the same one thats in your kit before trying to offer any more help.

Back