Christmas came early for me! (56k'ers beware)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Christmas came a little early for me today! There is an 80 year old man one the first floor of the same apartment building I live in and we talk from time to time and he'll call if he's having computer problems. Well he just called about 20mins ago asking for me to come down. When I get there he presents me with a gift he's made himself along with a card, check it out...

x-mas-reef.jpg

card-outside.jpg

card-inside.jpg

I've received a lot of gifts from a lot of people, but this has got to be one of those gifts I'll never forget and one with a lot of meaning to me.

Anyways, just wanted to share my early Christmas gift. Merry Christmas everyone!

-Michael

Dang. That's pretty cool Woodie. Sounds like you aren't such a bad guy after all. jk

Wreaths like that are a very special thing...You Michael have made a very good friend..
Merry Christmas too you.

It's things like that which illustrate the true Christmas Season. That's one thing you can always hold in high esteem.

That was nice of him. Sounds like a nice guy to have as a neighbor.

There is hope for the world......It just takes each of us to do something worth while for our fellow man....and the world could be a better place....

Happy Holidays to all.

That was nice of him.

Nice to see some people actually still have the Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas everyone.

awesome....thoughtful and meaningful its the little things in life that keeps us going...

Wow! My wife would love to have something like that! Good for you, Mike! If anyone deserves it, you do!

Merry Christmas!

One of the really cool things about this is Jim is a pretty amazing guy. He's made these reef's for department stores, celebrities, and even the white house at one time. He's written children's books as well as a director of a museum. He could go on and on with all his stories - I love hearing what older people have to say and they usually have a lot to say if you're willing to listen.

-Michael

I love hearing what older people have to say and they usually have a lot to say if you're willing to listen.

This is very true. I now appreciate the old tales that the old men tell me. When I used to deliver pizza (always in a rush) I found it annoying, and had to politly interrupt to leave. That was always hard to do. It was especially hard to do when they lived alone and was obvious that they were lonely. Now if I am going to visit I plan on being there for a while.

Very nice Mike, it's gifts like that that always mean the most. Anyone can go out and buy something, but to take the time to make something special for someone really shows the true meaning of Christmas. Very nice indeed!

I personally would have liked a Wii or PS3 but it does make you feel all warm and fuzzy when someone makes you something with there own hands and doesn't expect anything is return..... Enjoy your Christmas.... everyone... one and all....

Let me give my view of Christmas as this is the only time I am able to speak about it. Christmas was never about buying things or even giving. Christmas was actually never initiated by Christians. It was initiated by different Roman cathoilcs and pagans but as "lawlessness period".

IMO and research, of the Old and New Testament, Celebrating "christmas" was a "modern" type celebration. Over the years it has been twisted as getting gifts and such. In reality it was originally supposed to be a recognition and a time for praise.

In Woodie's gift from his neighbor was simply a very kind gesture. A gift is a gift that someone put thought into. I could give my sons a gift to show them a small amount of joy.To recieve there excitement and thanks is my gift form them.

Christmas is a time for Praise to one person. No need to get into another discussion.

To be unhappy over a gift wishing it was something else is just rude and makes you ingrateful. A simple thanks is all that I would like if I gave a gift.

Time for giving thanks to all and for all.

IMHO of course....

I think its cool that you have an 80 year old neighbor who uses a computer, we just got my grandpa set up when he was 79, he really picked it up quickly though

Very nice Michael. That was a thoughtfull gift.

If you want to hear old tales from a wise old man again, call Fasteddy.

Merry Christmas Guy's.

Back