Check out the new Xmaxx 8s wide kit..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
I think it was @armykyle1 posted this bro but it is pretty damn cool. I'm thinking about it myself.

WOW!! So traxxas finally made the wide maxx kit for the Xmaxx. They extended the wheel width 30mm each side. But the price is ridiculous IMO.. I Will be keeping my HD arms for now. Check it out the X is sitting real wide now....

https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/7895-xmaxx-widemaxx-kit

The price isn't bad compared to the other offerings.

I think it was @armykyle1 posted this bro but it is pretty damn cool. I'm thinking about it myself.

Yea in the "what I bought today thread" 😂.
It'll supposedly be here Tuesday.

The price isn't bad compared to the other offerings.

Yea in the "what I bought today thread" 😂.
It'll supposedly be here Tuesday.
Price isn't bad really. 200$ for a set of A arms. That only adds 1.2 inch to each side. That's crazy it doesn't need to be any wider 🤣🤣
It's not like they are going to start a race class for the X.. its a MT not a SCT. 🤣🤣

Price isn't bad really. 200$ for a set of A arms. That only adds 1.2 inch to each side. That's crazy it doesn't need to be any wider 🤣🤣
It's not like they are going to start a race class for the X.. its a MT not a SCT. 🤣🤣

I mean if I could spend $200 for an extra inch, why not? 😂😂😂

But in all seriousness, I plan on trying it on both my trucks. The green truck with the castle setup should definitely benefit from it for hauling ass. Then I'll beat the poop out of it on the other truck 😂.

I'm interested in hearing if it's a good upgrade or not. Let us know...

I mean if I could spend $200 for an extra inch, why not? 😂😂😂

But in all seriousness, I plan on trying it on both my trucks. The green truck with the castle setup should definitely benefit from it for hauling ass. Then I'll beat the poop out of it on the other truck 😂.
More power to you sir.. its not really about the $$. I honestly don't see the point in it. Just keep you other arms for when the wide one break.👍👍

I'm interested in hearing if it's a good upgrade or not. Let us know...

Will do!

More power to you sir.. its not really about the $$. I honestly don't see the point in it. Just keep you other arms for when the wide one break.👍👍

They look to bed designed like the HD arms, so I imagine they'll be decently tough. Plus you can buy individual parts if they break.

Good luck bud.👍👍let us know. I will just get wider tires..🤣🤣

It doesn't look like much difference but sometimes a little length can make a big difference in performance.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "That's what she said" 🤣

It doesn't look like much difference but sometimes a little length can make a big difference in performance.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "That's what she said" 🤣
Yeah I agree 100% it really doesn't seem like it will do much. The X is so big and heavy. That 1.2" wider on each side won't do much. It does make it look funny though 🤪😜. All I see is the arms being able to break easier. They should have put extra holes in the lower to move the bottom of shock out farther. Or put in extra holes to make adjustments to the shock angle to help with the handling.. at 200$ I don't think it's worth it shoot you could just get wheel hub extensions and get the same result for way less money IMHO. 👍👍

Different accessories for different tastes is a good thing—good for the economy.

That said, I like the dimensions of the stock X Maxx looks wise. Bigger diameter wheels/tires and wider stance throw off the symmetry for me.

Engineering wise a longer set of arms, links, etc., creates a longer lever as distance from wheels to chassis is further (greater forces which I’m not enthusiastic about). It will be interesting to see what happens as enough folks purchase this kit.

Again, all good and look forward to hearing how this works out for folks.

Well, I had a limited time to run the kit while I was out of town. Truck Definitely handles better and jumps great.
It always jumped great. I don't really have a problem with it handling either.. but to each their own.. Are you still able to do back flips with it?

It always jumped great. I don't really have a problem with it handling either.. but to each their own.. Are you still able to do back flips with it?
I wouldn't say it handled bad in stock form or anything of the sort. It handles better now, still jumps great and hasn't broke. It back flips the same. Which isn't very good. This truck is still on stock everything minus the suspension stuff, diff fluid and the tires. With more power, the differences should be more noticeable.

Since the first outting with the kit, I've changed the shock fluid and I'm thinking about throwing the 46t spur gear in it. Might help with wheel speed. I don't expect to be like my outcast 6s.

I wouldn't say it handled bad in stock form or anything of the sort. It handles better now, still jumps great and hasn't broke. It back flips the same. Which isn't very good. This truck is still on stock everything minus the suspension stuff, diff fluid and the tires. With more power, the differences should be more noticeable.

Since the first outting with the kit, I've changed the shock fluid and I'm thinking about throwing the 46t spur gear in it. Might help with wheel speed. I don't expect to be like my outcast 6s.
When did you get a bigger motor for the X? Are you still running the stock ESC? If so I wouldn't drop the spur down to the 46T. Unless you do want to buy a new ESC. Especially if you got a bigger motor. Must have if your doing backflips with the X with the wide arms.. post up some pictures of it now....

When did you get a bigger motor for the X? Are you still running the stock ESC? If so I wouldn't drop the spur down to the 46T. Unless you do want to buy a new ESC. Especially if you got a bigger motor. Must have if your doing backflips with the X with the wide arms.. post up some pictures of it now....

I literally just said it's on stock everything minus the suspension stuff 😂. The six pack tires don't balloon nearly as much as the stock tires, so it doesn't rotate well. Most I've gotten out of it is a single rotation with those tires. I don't know why you'd think the widemaxx kit would make that worse. The wider stance actually helps with keeping it from going off axis. Different pics of it. Changing shock oil, next to a kraton 8s and my other xmaxx with extended wheel stubs

20220101_130557.jpg
20211220_223544.jpg
20211220_222308.jpg
20211220_221524.jpg

I literally just said it's on stock everything minus the suspension stuff 😂. The six pack tires don't balloon nearly as much as the stock tires, so it doesn't rotate well. Most I've gotten out of it is a single rotation with those tires. I don't know why you'd think the widemaxx kit would make that worse. The wider stance actually helps with keeping it from going off axis. Different pics of it. Changing shock oil, next to a kraton 8s and my other xmaxx with extended wheel stubs

View attachment 139963View attachment 139964View attachment 139965View attachment 139966
Lmao yeah after I posted. it hit me you haven't ever said anything about new motors lol
You do see my name lol🌬💨💨💨💨

Back