Cheapest place for RAM

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am going to add an additional 512K of RAM to my Dell 8250 which only has 256K. It takes RDRAM by Rambus which is not cheap and must be bought in pairs. Anybody have experience with any online retailers that carry quality RDRAM at a reasonable price? I don't want to get crap that is DOA.

Try Newegg.com they always seem to have good deals. I've never used them personally, but a friend of mine orders from them quite a bit.

you could try www.pricewatch.com

they have a rating system setup on there as well ....i can normaly find a good price there

I would second www.newegg.com
I've bought the components to build my last three desktops from them...
Great company, fair prices & fast shipping...

I just bought a gig of RAM for my IBM, shopped for hours, and went with NewEgg over Tigerdirect, the price was a little better.

Anymore, I purchase the majority of my stuff from Newegg.com - In fact I just picked up a 1GB of memory and a Lian Li case from there. The case just came in yesterday!

-Michael

I 3rd 4th or 5th(Whichever one it is) Newegg. Got an Intel Pentium D from them and it works perfect.

BTW, don't you hate that dell has to have special parts? It got me and my family pissed off. We bought a printer and had to order ink cartrages from dell because it's not compatable with other brands.

SpitFireV12RR said:
We bought a printer and had to order ink cartrages from dell because it's not compatable with other brands.

Pssst,
In a low wisper.

ITS A LEXMARK
The cap on the Dell cartridges are keyed different. Remove the key from the printer and your set.

We got rid of it...bought ourselves a Lexmark. LOL

I tell ya, for printer cartridges, I found this sit, www.inksale.com, that has great prices and incredibley fast shipping! If there's one downside, guy that runs it is crazier than a shithouse rat, but from a quality aspect, you simply can't touch it!

Glad I looked at this thread! Been thinking about getting some more memory for my desktop as well!

I wouldn't mind a new fat hard drive... I run two 40G now and would like a 120G or larger for storage. Keep the 40G for the file system... but saving up for a 3.3 and trinity pipe comes first.

My IT guy at the office is a deal finder. He uses newegg a lot. He finds loopholes in dell that allow him to get cut throat prices on things, but normally when he buys bulk. Like my current home PC. If he bought 10 Dell 4550 2Ghz P4's, he got them at about $300 a piece. That was 2 years ago. At the time, I needed a modem as well, so I paid $320. Been a very good computer for us. He had a use at the office for 8, so he asked a few people in the office if we wanted a new PC for around $300. He ended up buying 11. If he would have bought less than 10, it would have been $450 a piece. If I would have bought the same machine outright, it would have been closer to $600.

Thanks guys.

Newegg only had PC800 RDRAM available but had excellent prices.

Couldn't find RDRAM on the pcclub site.

I ended up ordering a set from zipzoomfly which had the PC1066 RDRAM I needed to match the pair of modules I already have. Price was nearly identical to newegg.

Went to school this evening regarding Rambus RDRAM.

Last edited:
If you can't find the ram you need, I have a guy that happens to have a couple sticks of RDram. He's only open on weekends tho.