Cheap mini

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormstud97

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Looking for any kind of mini for my littlw niece she loves my slash

Thanks going to get my niece this for chriatmas
Now if i could decide of what to get my dad. I want a easy to control heli or plane something fast but could control it in the house

"Fast" and "in the house"... I see some messy results here... Lol!!!
Your choice here should be based on his ability more than speed imo. If he is just learning, speed may actually discourage him if he had a hard time controlling whatever you pick up. Where heli's at least WERE very difficult to learn and planes require a reasonably large area to fly just by their nature, I would recommend at least considering a drone. They are readily available from TONS of quality manufacturers, parts are available (which should be a VERY IMPORTANT deciding factor) and can be upgraded easily. I think if I was to buy one as a gift, my gift would be a quad copter (drone, whatever you want to call it).
Take all this for what it is worth... I am NOT a pilot!!! Unless trying to control airborn card or trucks!!!

I'm so stuck with what i want to get my dad. I think I'm just going to convert his stampede into brushless. But i been looking at the JLB cheetah. And it seema nice but i think a bunch of aftermarket parts and a brushless esc and motor will make him smile. He likes my brushless slash

Just be sure that his speed control will work with what you pick out. Brushless is avail as sensored and sensorless, different amperages and of course the esc needs to be capable of running a brushless to start. Research it and you won't go wrong. I'm sure dad will LOVE the upgrade!!!

Give me links of what affordable brushless upgrades. Thanks guys. Love this site and all its people :)

I'm not your guy for the brushless stuff... I don't have a car I want to upgrade yet. I MIGHT do the road wizard if i can find a place to run it... Til then, it's a shelf queen along with pretty much all my other electric. I am waiting.... And waiting and waiting for a new associated 4x4 1/10 scale to race... If it doesn't happen soon, I may bite the bullet and go kyosho... But racing isn't in the plans right now so it's all kind of in limbo... I am slowly buying parts for my associated rc10gt restoration... Maybe do an optima... I have almost all the parts already anyways... But yeah... No links for me on this one. I would make a new post and ask for specific help on what you need for info and desired goals... Like for racing or bashing etc...

Just a couple things more I do know... Gearing to,the motor and truck will become important. I believe that info is readily available from the manufacturers and could possibly give you an idea of speeds and run times... Again, I am not positive of this but pretty sure.
Also, unless there are commonly known issues for this particular truck, upgrades I recommend... Rpm control arms are pretty much indestructible and a common upgrade for a LOT of rigs... They are also lifetime guaranteed so for bashing, they are kind of an awesome upgrade. Aside,from that... Most upgrades are based on what breaks. Anything he may have broke and replaced with stick parts? Upgrades are a good option. Other than that, it's just a good way to spend money on stuff you might not need. Let me recommend you stay FAR away from aluminum upgrades. In general, they are a good way to waste money and break the parts that attach to them. They tend to bend up easy but because they take more impact to bend or snap, they will send that impact energy to the next part(s) and break them in the process. Rpm is a way better option. If he is racing, rpm parts may not be the way to go. They are a bit softer in most cases and hardcore racers often complain they give too much and make the steering inaccurate (on control arms). I don't have a solid opinion on this as I am not racing and havent been for too long. Just info for you.

That would be a great upgrade for a Stampede. CVDs would be a good upgrade, but can wait until you break the stock drive shafts. Same thing with transmission internals and slipper. I wouldn't run more than a 2s LiPo with that setup, as I have personally smoked one those ESCs on 3s in a crawler (while I was setting up the dead-band on the throttle). A great thing to go with the Castle ESC/Motor is the Field Programming Card or Castle Link. They will allow you to set various driving parameters to your taste.

If he ends up racing, even with these electronics in a different rig, 2s is the max on tracks anyways.

Back