Charging Lipos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@greywolf74 I ended up using a 50R 1/4W watt resistor on my 5v line - it's essentially dissipating 1/2W but didn't go up in flames hehe.

Also this arrived,

IMG_20130306_171125.jpg

While I was keen to shave a bit off on weight with it, I realised I'm giving up a good ~4,000mah compared to my current 2x 2S 4,000mah = 4S @ 8,000mah config. It was also silly to go for a 4.5 rated Lipo as my charger can only charge in steps of 1,000mah.

I doubt I'll get much out of this pack, although it may serve to be adequate as an 'emergency' backup brick.

Glad to hear the resistor is working...

Let me know what you think of the nanotech lipo. It wont hurt to charge a 4500mAh lipo at 4 or even 5A as long as your charger can handle it.

Only think I would point out here is two 2S 4000mAh lipos run in series = a 4S 4000mAh lipo not a 4S 8000mAh lipo. You have to run the lipos in parallel in order to double the mAh but then you dont double the cell count. In parallel youd have basically a 2S 8000mAh lipo. Just an FYI

Let me know what you think of the nanotech lipo. It wont hurt to charge a 4500mAh lipo at 4 or even 5A as long as your charger can handle it.
The new ones are not mean to be as good as these old ones in the higher capacity packs.
Maybe they have a different maker, or younger children making them.:hehe:
But that's just what people have said about them. For my next lipo's i'll be going back to the nano's

Glad to hear the resistor is working...

Only think I would point out here is two 2S 4000mAh lipos run in series = a 4S 4000mAh lipo not a 4S 8000mAh lipo. You have to run the lipos in parallel in order to double the mAh but then you dont double the cell count. In parallel youd have basically a 2S 8000mAh lipo. Just an FYI

Thanks, I completely forgot that! You're correct, the current supply doubles in parallel. There should be less voltage sag with the nano-techs :D

The 4S has a sticker on the back saying not to charge at above 10C; I'll charge it at 4A as I've been charging my others @ 1C as well. For the 4S, up to 4,000 mAh only though.