Castle micro X2 external BEC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrebee88

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Building vanquish vs410 straight axle.
Got a castle micro x2 and HH puller pro 2200kv
Spektrum dx5c/sr515
The x2 comes with an external BEC due to supply issues.
I will be using aux 1 for DIG, Aux 2 for selectable overdrive, and aux 3 for the external BEC.

Here is the question: can I use a Y harness in aux3 to plug the BEC into and control the aux wire or a winch? I've never had to use an external BEC.

Building vanquish vs410 straight axle.
Got a castle micro x2 and HH puller pro 2200kv
Spektrum dx5c/sr515
The x2 comes with an external BEC due to supply issues.
I will be using aux 1 for DIG, Aux 2 for selectable overdrive, and aux 3 for the external BEC.

Here is the question: can I use a Y harness in aux3 to plug the BEC into and control the aux wire or a winch? I've never had to use an external BEC.
What are you trying to do exactly? Why would you want to be able to turn the BEC off and on?

What are you trying to do exactly? Why would you want to be able to turn the BEC off and on?
I dont want to turn the BEC off and on. The X2 currently does not have an internal BEC, so castle includes an external BEC. I need the external BEC to power my receiver. I have 3 available aux channels. Channel 1 will be for DIG and channel 2 will be for selectable overdrive. I need to plug the BEC into aux 3 for power but also want to run a winch on aux 3, so I was asking if I could use a Y harness for the BEC to power the receiver and control a winch on the same aux port on the receiver.

I dont want to turn the BEC off and on. The X2 currently does not have an internal BEC, so castle includes an external BEC. I need the external BEC to power my receiver. I have 3 available aux channels. Channel 1 will be for DIG and channel 2 will be for selectable overdrive. I need to plug the BEC into aux 3 for power but also want to run a winch on aux 3, so I was asking if I could use a Y harness for the BEC to power the receiver and control a winch on the same aux port on the receiver.
That would work or you could also run the positive and negative wires from the BEC to channel 2 of the receiver and then run only the signal wire from the ESC to channel 2 also. either way will work :)

That would work or you could also run the positive and negative wires from the BEC to channel 2 of the receiver and then run only the signal wire from the ESC to channel 2 also. either way will work :)
I think that will work great. Thank you

Back