Castle Creations 9000kv Brushless Motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashdummy89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was wondering if i could put a Castle Creations 9000kv Brushless Motor in my traxxas e-maxx and run it with the stock esc?

9000kv is way too much for offroad. You want something around 2200kv. And you need to be more specific about esc, some emaxx's came stock with the mamba monster brushless system. If you have traxxas esc then no it wont work.

If I remember correctly the 9000kV motor was meant for the 1/18th scale models and the E-Maxx is a 1/10th scale, so no it won't work. Remember that the lower the kV the higher the torque.

thank you guys both i figured the motor would be too big for the truck to begin with but it dont hurt to ask lol. and yes the esc i have is the traxxas evx2. I'm not new to rc but i am relatively new to electric rc thanks for the help on this one

The EVX2 is a brushed speed control. I would not work with that motor since it is brushless. Also as stated above that is WAY too hot of a motor for a T-Maxx not enough torque so you would just always overtemp and have no fun. Most 1/10 scale set-up will not work with the E-maxx due to its weight.