CasterRacing MK 2 Grenade ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankvee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi yall just bought a lot of rc stuff and in the box is a gold head looks like a big block Grenade MK2. I have not herd of these engines. Can someone please give me some info? I dont know these size or if they are any good. Thanks I really appreciate any info. Thanks

Capture.JPG

So from what I'm reading on the internet its based on the Go .21 5 port but its got a different head and the internal have been mildly modified supposedly by Mario Novarossi. Good luck finding parts for it though it looks like its been long discontinued to the point where you can't even find it on Casters website anymore.

Heres what a Team Caster driver said about the engine...

02-24-2009
"First let me say that i do in fact race for team caster but i have no problems letting anybody know if something is a steaming pile of crap or not. that being said i have right at 2 gallons on the caster grenade (i'm still trying to figure that one out myself) and the thing is doing really well. i am having the same problem that most GO motors have with break-in. tons of pinch as i still have to heat the mill up to 220 to get it to fire up. at about the 1.75 gallon mark i noticed that it would run about a tank then start getting really rich. i would hit the temp and then lean it out about 2 hours on the top and the thing would be good for another couple of tanks then starting getting really rich again. this happened a total of 4 times and i contribute it to the motor still breaking pinch. i have a 7mm carb insert in it and my runtimes are right at 7:30 which i would consider on par with the majority of other engines that still have this much compression. honestly i don't have enough fuel through it to consider it a "world beater" for 2010 but i think it will run with most of the mid-priced motors on the market. one thing i do really like and i feel that i should mention is that i also run the grenade pipe and it seems that the 2 have been designed for each other. the motor really comes on strong in the mid-range and gets on the pipe as it is transitioning from the low to mid's where it continues to pull strong throughout the rpm's. for the money i will be getting another one and have it sent off to be modded. is the price worth more than the motor than it is based upon... maybe. maybe not. i will be taking it apart after my first race day and inspecting it to see. but so far the only bad thing i have to say about it is that my flywheel is gashed up from having to roll it back down after it sticks at TDC so much.the only failure i have heard about in them though is one guy who had a bearing come apart. it was the stock bearing that had a couple of gallons on it. i have heard of v-specs having the same issue a while back. but i believe mike at caster addressed the issue and the guy actually has another one.

guys can talk all the trash they want but it's very hard for a company to establish itself in the world of r/c. if it's not one of the big manufactures is a car automatically garbage? if that's the case i'm driving one hell of a piece of garbage... does it have the after market support that the losi or associated cars have? no. does it have the "world class" luxury of an x-ray? no. is it priced well and does not fall apart? well yeah, actually. next time you see one of the caster team members at the track why not ask to take his car for a spin? i'd put money on it that he would even let you drive a tank through it if you asked really nice. but i really hate to sound like some infomercial. so give it a shot. what do you have to loose driving somebodies elses car, motor, and fuel around for 5 minutes?"