Cars,Trucks,buggies,truggies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxracer

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This may possibaly be the most stupid question I'v ever asked.
Why do people have so many of the same R/C? Having 1 or 2 is ok in my eyes. But why do you need 7,8,9 of the same thing. Would it not be better to have 1 or 2 of everything than 9 of the same thing?:ponder2::ponder2::confused:

I couldn't say unless they are setting rigs up with different purposes. Like having a MT setup low to the ground with stiff springs/oil and street tires for the street and another setup for balls out bashing and another setup for the track.

I do what you suggest, I have (had) vehicles that were for a certain purpose. I recently traded a buggy for a savage... but that was just to get a guy to shut up and quit whining about his savage. I had a 1/8 buggy, 2wd 1/10 ST, 4wd 1/8 MT and a micro-t. Each had a purpose depending where/what I was going to be driving in.

Are there 8 different styles of driving an R/C

Aside from Olds' explanation of purposely setup vehicles. I have to agree with ya. I dont' understand why people have like 3 Revo's if they don't race.... WHY? I don't get it either. I'm a fan of variety. I have...

1 Monster Truck
1 1:8 nitro buggy
1 1:10 scale electric buggy
1 1:10 nitro funny car
1 1:18 2WD electric sprint car (Mini-Slider)
1 1:36 2WD electric truck

I do have 2 RC18's but one has been converted to a late model oval only car which kind of supports Olds' theory.

My wish list includes a 1:10 nitro ST and a 1:4 gas stock car. Now That's variety

Last edited:
I have:
1 1/10 2wd nitro stadium truck
1 1/10 2wd electric buggy
20 1/1 gas dirt bikes
2 1/1 gas four wheelers
other than that I don't know

I have:
1 1/10 2wd nitro stadium truck
1 1/10 2wd electric buggy
20 1/1 gas dirt bikes
2 1/1 gas four wheelers
other than that I don't know

I guess someone could ask you the same thing, why 20 dirt bikes? Not trying to be a jerk or smartass, just wondering. I'm assuming from other posts I've read, that you race or at the very least love riding. Why not just a couple? :)

..and I don't get why some people have 5 wives... crazy :)

..and I don't get why some people have 5 wives... crazy :)

Depending on where you live I am sure there are guys with 5 wives, nothing wrong with varity right, LOL!!!!

I have
2 1/10 monster trucks 1 electric 1 nitro only because the nitro was given to me.. both are set up completly different
1 1/10 electric stadium truck
1 1/8 nitro buggy

I guess someone could ask you the same thing, why 20 dirt bikes? Not trying to be a jerk or smartass, just wondering. I'm assuming from other posts I've read, that you race or at the very least love riding. Why not just a couple? :)

Amature!!!!!!!:p: Just kidding:)
I race 6 classes!! I need lots of spare everything. Most of the bikes i got off of my buddie that owns a dirtbike shop for like 10-30$:)
Who told somebody that my dad has 3 wives????????????????:hehe:

Back