car idles, for 3 seconds then shuts off.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 steppen

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I hate to keep maken threads, but its almost done, i promise.
Alright i start my firestorm, and for like 3 sec. runs, then shuts off, sometimes if i keep the ignitor in, it stays going, as soon as i pull if out, its off.

Is it to lean or to rich?

Too rich. Lean the LSN after it gets a chance to warm up with the igniter on. If it quits again when you pull the heater, lean it a little more. Just do it in small increments of 1/16 of a turn, and give it a few short blips on the throttle till it settles in.

Too rich. Lean the LSN after it gets a chance to warm up with the igniter on. If it quits again when you pull the heater, lean it a little more. Just do it in small increments of 1/16 of a turn, and give it a few short blips on the throttle till it settles in.

K. thanks for the fast response man, helps alot with you guys, hell, you guys help more then my LHS half the time

Edit:: Tryed it, and car only idles for about 10 secs then shuts off even with the ignitor in...

Last edited:
That's what we're here for. We've learned through time and experience. Lots of hobby shop guys are clueless because they only ring them up. They don't build or drive them.

EDIT:
lean it a little more, till it starts to behave. Don't give it it much throttle, just little blips.

That's what we're here for. We've learned through time and experience. Lots of hobby shop guys are clueless because they only ring them up. They don't build or drive them.

EDIT:
lean it a little more, till it starts to behave. Don't give it it much throttle, just little blips.

K thanks. Ill try it tommorrow, its getten kinda late here, Ill write it down so i remember.

*wake up * school * ride bike home * Run up, get truck ready * lean HSN alittle * warm up * small blips * get it right *

Haha thanks.

You haven't got it right.....you need to lean the LSN for the idle problem.
Get your eraser and start all over. :D

You haven't got it right.....you need to lean the LSN for the idle problem.
Get your eraser and start all over. :D

lawl dangit! its in ink rolex! INK!
Haha *scibble scibbble scibbbbbble! *

Stop somewhere on your way home and pick up a bottle of 'White Out'.
Check back in tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

haha k.

And of course, my LSN, yes MY LSN NEEDLE THIS TIME... Is at the back of the carb, and hard to reach, but i gotz an idea.

Yes, they're hard to reach on some engines, but normally, once they're set right, any future adjustments are only to the HSN. I use a long thin blade screwdriver to reach them.

Yes, they're hard to reach on some engines, but normally, once they're set right, any future adjustments are only to the HSN. I use a long thin blade screwdriver to reach them.

That was my idea!

Haha thanks alot rolex, Id be lost without you guys here at rcnt.

hey would the lsn make it a little hard to start but run fine? my mt will start slow but after i run it for a lil bit it cranks right up. is it norm or do i need to lean out my lsn a tad bit

hey would the lsn make it a little hard to start but run fine? my mt will start slow but after i run it for a lil bit it cranks right up. is it norm or do i need to lean out my lsn a tad bit

not sure about leaning it out, but i do know, a just charged Ignitor will start better then a half charged one! also make sure the cars in neutral on the controller.

what do you mean neutral? my controller doesn't have a neutral that i know of haha

Okay, what kinda car do you have? I know my old maxx didnt,
But on the HPI firestorm it has on the controller a switch, top is N = neutral, [ I think.. ] and bottom is R [ lol not sure? ] and when i put it on N, it starts easyier, and to drive it, i have to give it BRAKE, so then when i turn it to R its regular, but harder to start? Get what I'm saying? its kinda cunfusing?

haha yea i gotcha. well my controller has one thing ON lol Its a hpi mt

haha, i just read my manual, and it just says its a reverse switch, but my hpi, gotz no reverse...

neither does mine. So do you think i need to lean my lsn a bit or what?

I really have no idea, Do you prime the truck? If you do then it maybe leaned or richened, so I'm not sure. ROLEX i needs you again, well he needs you.

ROLOEX!

haha its no biggie man i talked to rcaddict about it its all good now. thanks for the help