car idles, for 3 seconds then shuts off.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problem man. if you need anything you can pm me, i know my basics. lol

r is 4 reverse, and if none of rolex's tricks work, it might be your glow plug, i ghad this problem for a little while(i have the firestorm) i still havent gotten a new glowplug, but if you turn up the idle engine speed, using the adjusty thing on the controller b4 u start it, it should run, just make sure to keep the car moving, dont let it idle for to long, that will work, but i'd recomend checking your glow plug, thats probably your problemo

r is 4 reverse, and if none of rolex's tricks work, it might be your glow plug, i ghad this problem for a little while(i have the firestorm) i still havent gotten a new glowplug, but if you turn up the idle engine speed, using the adjusty thing on the controller b4 u start it, it should run, just make sure to keep the car moving, dont let it idle for to long, that will work, but i'd recomend checking your glow plug, thats probably your problemo

These motors don't require changing glow plugs a lot but if you're still running the original and having problems, I think you should try changing it. My old roomate had a MT2 and went through more than a gallon of fuel before he ever changed the original plug. The problems he was having were like the ones so many are having with their 3.0s right now. The old one still appeared good but changing it made a heck of a difference. Myself I chunk a plug the first time my engine starts acting up. It can eliminate a bunch of headaches.IMO

K thanks. Ill try it tommorrow, its getten kinda late here, Ill write it down so i remember.

*wake up * school * ride bike home * Run up, get truck ready * lean HSN alittle * warm up * small blips * get it right *

Haha thanks.

lol...perhaps your to do list should be a bit more of a priority list....emphasis on the school part. Sheesh, it's like talking to my own kids. They don't pay attention either. :hehe:

haha my list would be the same as his. the only thing i look forward to is my 3 classes with computers in them so i can get on here :)

and how exactly do you do that?

I have to do it now.

I turn my trim knob the whole way up, full throttle, it startts, i yank the ignitor, then turn the knob down to where i have it marked.

Turn the control knob all the way down. Nothing...Nada...Nil.
Take off the air cleaner. Look into the carb neck. Turn the radio and receiver on. Don't start the car. Hold the trigger in full brake position. Adjust the idle screw till the carb is open about 2mm.

That puts you in the ball park, now you need to set the LSN and HSN when it's warmed up and running.

i have the same exact problem and i left the igniter in for about 10 min of riding and now my igniter is messed up the inside part that pushes back and now it is stuck back

since were kinda talking about tuning. i have a muggy and it starts good but as soon as i give it any throttle it dies. thats too rich right? LSN or HSN? and if so do you guys have to adjust every time you go out to play?

it could be too rich or too lean actually. and if its right when you hit the throttle that would be the lsn. generally you will tweak the hsn a little just about everytime you run it but the lsn you dont really mess with after its tuned unless its a drastic temp change. Go read Rolex's tuning thread it helps ALOT