Built a new truck stand !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was surfing around a couple days ago looking for a truck stand.
Although I found some great ones, didn't see any that justified the cost. So I built my own. I thought it was a good idea to make it rotate and pivot. the materials I used was King starboard, thats the white composite material and the tube is stainless.

Attachments

• stand under.jpg
    stand under.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 221
another

Attachments

• stand tilted.jpg
    stand tilted.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 156
Also comes apart easily for transport in my field box

Attachments

• stand unassembled.jpg
    stand unassembled.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 131
Tight, clean and sturdy work! NICE JOB!

Tell me, can you adjust the width of the clamp that holds the truck itself? If so, can you make one for me? Ill drop you the loot first if need be.

-Chris

Sure, I could whatever you want, I already have a better design for the tilt mechanism. What do you want, like a vise style?

By the way, all the fasteners are Stainless as well, you could literaly submerge this thing in salt water with no problem. Just another benifit of working with boats!

Last edited:
Can the power's that be please give Maxximillion a title

Here are my choices....

Master Crafter

Maxx the tool man Million, ok that one is of course a rip on a popular TV show but still sounds good

The Modifier

Not Stock

Innovate never Duplicate

Off hand that's all I can think of, more to come...... Maxx, love your idea's and mod's, I see you can think outside the box, good job

I want something vice style, but, i dont think I want the sides of the vice to be much more than 3/4 inch high. I also want to line the bottom plate and the sides of the vice mechanism with a rubber gip material. Same as what we use on the boat. Have no idea what its called though.

:cool:

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I want something vice style, but, i dont think I want the sides of the vice to be much more than 3/4 inch high. I also want to line the bottom plate and the sides of the vice mechanism with a rubber gip material. Same as what we use on the boat. Have no idea what its called though.

:cool:

It's called Adhesive backed neoprene;) Not a problem.

The only problem is lining the bottom. the neoprene is very grippy
so path of travel will be hinderd. If your using the rubbber for protective reasons, it is not nessesary. But, if you want it for nonslippage, all you need it is for the vise jaws.

Last edited:
Vice jaws only - adhesive backed neoprene. Just give me the length of the jaws. I want to make sure they are not to big for my other rides.

Mr.CoolTool

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Vice jaws only - adhesive backed neoprene. Just give me the length of the jaws. I want to make sure they are not to big for my other rides.

Mr.CoolTool

Why don't You give me the length of the jaws you need, and also the overall hight from tip of jaws to bottom plate. I can fully customise to any spec.:cool:

Originally posted by matts6887
Actually come to think of it, I too have been trying to find a decent stand for my maxx and I havent really seen any that look like they would fit the bill. I too might be interested if you could build one for me as well. BUT before I get to that point I'm thinking I might want to try building one myself. The ? is, are the materials you used available to the general public via a hardware store, home depot, etc., or can you only get it through the marine type companies for industrial type use or what? If it is available to the general public, what store(s) could I find it at?

The stainless pipe and fasteners are, the King Starboard is not.

Only, available through dealers.

So what would it take for you to get it? I mean would it be possible just to send that to me if I sent the $ and I could just get the other stuff here? Or is there something similar that is available to the general public that I could try and get myself that might pretty close to that?

I could send you some, however,it is expensive but the absolute best quality.

You also have to have access to a shop with the proper power tools. As far as anything for substitution, I'm not sure, you can check your local hardware store. the other stuff was simply a SS tube and fasteners , small peice of SS sheet stock .

Ok you mean sheetrock. I hate to bother ya again on this, BUT I'm seriously thinking I'm gonna go and get at leasty the part to make the rod that holds the actual stand up. So I'm just wondering, what size are those fasteners and the sheet rock etc in the pic you posted?

No dude, not sheetrock, that is the farthest away from similar.

Try something more towards plastic as the fasteners are

PHSSST 8x1-1/2 (panhead stainless steel self tappers #8 x 1-1/2") the tube is 18-8 Stainless steel 1" od x 1/32" wall by however long you want it.:cool:

Oh yea, I almost forgot about the base of the stand where the round steel rod goes into, is that available to the general public as well, or is that made out of the same stuff as platform on the other end of the steel rod is?

Everything you see is fully fabricated, all the "white stuff" was nothing more than a sheet of material. I cut the round shapes, bore holes cut all material.

Ohhh. I see now. Is that white stuff like a hardened type of plastic or fiberglass format? Or might it just be easier to try and get a piece of wood about the same size and just try and see if I can't come up with something that way?

Wood will work just fine, It is more like plastic, just very very strong. Not like fiberglass, fiberglass cannot be machined.

Back