Buggy Engine???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by humboldtblazer
... none of the Japanese or Tiwaneese engines that I have owned have ever performed like this. ...

"ho boa" doesn't sound french or italian. HAHAHA. I like my .21 hyper 8-port race. I haven't seen it out at the track next to these european turkeys yet, but I think it's pretty fast. *shurg*

Force makes that engine I think. I dont think ho boa makes any engines at all. People are calling the Hyper 8 port the poor mans RB and that a compliment not a knock. I dont know but I think the rest of the manufacturers are trying to copy/mimac everything made from Italy or France because they are the best.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
Isnt that the engine that help Greg win the Ifmar last year?

Yes. But he also had an O'donnell custom cooling head, and a prototype O.S. glow plug.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

and it was tuned by o'donnel... it was a totally custom engine pretty much...

L8r,
Garrett

earlier i said i was gonna buy a used rz v01b but i decided not to buy it. the shaft was cut a little short by the first owner, and it will not work in my storm. :( I'm looking at the hyper 8 port race engine now.. anyone know if those are good?:trashed:

Yes! The Hyper 8 is packed with power! Too bad though on the O.S.. To me, that engine has TONS of PHENOMINAL qualities. Even though its not an outlaw class for power, it is nothing to throw stones at. I dont think I will run anything else in my Inferno.

Garret,
I would continue to look around and find a good deal on the v01b. I've had both of these engines and it is far superior. I bought mine on Tower for $240. They run a sale on them from time to time.

sounds good, but i've been w/ out my storm for a while, and i'm getting anxious... so 90 bux cheaper sound good to me right now. that can get me a new starter box, and a new front belt for my xx-4

L8r,
Garrett

P.S. my name has 2 "t's" :yes:

I dont think ho boa makes any engines at all.

That would be hilarious. OFNA puts their name "ho boa" who just put their name on another product. The box that came with my .21 hyper 8-port race said "ho boa" (not OFNA). I don't know who makes it but I'm pleased.

Good luck on the purchase of your buggy engine. The RB WS7 has won several championships. Christian raves about his OS. Humboldt loves his Siro. I've also started to hear about this "P5" thing. I haven't really looked into it, but it must be a bottem end beast because a few really good guys at our track run them. (short track all bottom end).

-Rob

Originally posted by Gmanlusk2004
sounds good, but i've been w/ out my storm for a while, and i'm getting anxious... so 90 bux cheaper sound good to me right now. that can get me a new starter box, and a new front belt for my xx-4

L8r,
Garrett

P.S. my name has 2 "t's" :yes:

$30 and thats shipping included I will sell you my RTR engine that is in GREAT shape. Compression is all there but I have kept track and I have 2 gallons through it with one rebuild(meaning I took it apart and cleaned it.) I know this should be in the for sale thread but my point of doing this is so he can run his buggy and save money for a "real" engine like that O.S. he wants. Its gor the whole clutch/flywheel assembly so you just need a pipe and to pop it in. You know why I replaced it because I bought the Sirio.

Humboldt, taking an engine apart and cleaning it is not a rebuild. It is simply cleaning the engine. Most of the time when people say they rebuilt an engine they are referring to a new piston and sleeve.
And the P5 is as good as people say. Not quite as easy to tune as the v01b, but it is a powerful engine.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is why I was specific as to what I did so there was no confusion.

Not trying to bust your balls or anything, hope you didn't take it that way.:beer:

Sorry I am having a bad day.

Me too, I think it was all of the cheese I ate :constipat

thanks for the offer on your engine humbodt, but that's 30 bux for new tires or something... i know i know... i sounded desperate about buying an engine, but i don't wanna buy something that i'm gonna use for 5 tanks....

L8r,
Garrett

FlyinRazorback, you and a couple of guys at the track are the only ones I know that are running the P5. I figured you know your stuff so it can't be that bad. ;) I haven't seen the other P5's run yet. (the day I saw the track is was raining) Maybe a new carb would make it a sweet engine. The .21 Hyper series has a crappy carb that is hell to tune. (I have one.) The OS 20e carb, for example, is a direct fit on the Hyper .21 engines.

It's not that it is a hard engine to tune, just not as friendly as the OS. I have 2 1/2 gallons through it and it still pulls harder than my v01b with 3/4 gallon through it. Actually, I haven't even ran the OS since I bought the Rex. Dropped some ARO in it a put it in a ziplock and placed it back in the box.

Back