Budget electric RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immortalpr1nce

RC Newbie
Reaction score
10 years ago or so I had a Tmaxx 3.3 and i use to love it but ended up getting ride of it. Who knows i may end up getting another nitro in the near future. My question is I want an E Revo 1/10 scale and will probably get one around Christmas. To get back in hobby is there a budget RC anyone would recommend? I'm looking for off road and bashing. Anything you would recommend fit this? TIA

@Immortalpr1nce if you're wanting something right away without spending a ton of money check your local hobby shop for one of the ECX models.

Another option would be to get one of the Arrma 4x4 models. Arrma is the new hotness right now and for good reason. They make great products at a pretty nice price.

@Immortalpr1nce if you're wanting something right away without spending a ton of money check your local hobby shop for one of the ECX models.

Another option would be to get one of the Arrma 4x4 models. Arrma is the new hotness right now and for good reason. They make great products at a pretty nice price.

Yeah that pretty much what i was wanting something cheaper than the bigger brands to ease back into the hobby! i will definetly check out arrma! eventually i want a offroad on road and a crawler but 1 thing at a time. lol

What do you define budget as?

I almost got the e-Revo but went with the Kraton 6s.
Couldn't be more happy with the decision and after reading all the reviews of breakages that occur on the e-Revo

I highly recommend the 6s line from Arrma. Good deals can be found on OfferUp App or through eBay.

10 years ago or so I had a Tmaxx 3.3 and i use to love it but ended up getting ride of it. Who knows i may end up getting another nitro in the near future. My question is I want an E Revo 1/10 scale and will probably get one around Christmas. To get back in hobby is there a budget RC anyone would recommend? I'm looking for off road and bashing. Anything you would recommend fit this? TIA
I would suggest RedCat Racing or Exceed RC. Budget friendly speed. ?✌✌???

I would suggest RedCat Racing or Exceed RC. Budget friendly speed. ?✌✌???
I kind of second this, with a note of caution. Exceed/Redcat stuff, depending on the vehicle (Exceed Sunfire/Terrain/Rally Monster, and Redcat Volcano/Tornado mainly, since they are all based off the same chassis), are ok to start out with, but do break somewhat easier than Arrma or ECX, and arent too keen on even mild BL systems. If you have a decent 2S-3S system, like any of the Arrma BLX systems, dont even try them in the Exceed/Redcat stuff. The MT wont go 50 feet without breaking, the buggies destroy drivetrain parts, and the stadium truck/truggy vehicles are, at times, even worse on decent power.