Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an erevo converted to brushless (mamba monster) and i run 6s religiously on it and i am having serious issues with tires. . .i have destroyed 3 sets of tires. . .all different brands and i can't keep them on for more than a couople of weeks. . .i have used the stock talon tires, i have blown apart a set of proline road rages, and split 2 HPI Phaltlines. . .i want some tires that i will not destroy as fast. . .please help

sorry to break it to you rob but my buddy at my LHS has a savage Flux and he runs on 6s as well, he said for the past year he has tried so many different sets of tires, and none of them hold for more than a few packs. I really think Mamba should've thought about the tire situation before they made this...

well that just sux. . .hey its a blast while it lasts

true that, you gotta make a video of it though, I would LOVE to see you run it..

if i could keep tires on it long enough i would. . .but i'm trying another set of phaltlines but ima do something a little different with them. . .I'm gonna put duct tape around the inside of the tire to kind of "belt" them. maybe they won't balloon up as bad at 65+

Try maximizer bead lock wheels with a good tire. Like Imex trail dawg. When you tape them use gorilla tape. Use 2 pieces, wrap a piece around one side of the tire then another on the other side of the tire. They will overlap around the middle of the tire all the way around. Then you could even put another wrap around just the center. If that does not fix it wrap gorilla tape around the outside of your foams as well or buy better stiffer foams."some stiffer foams will break under the mamba power though"

Ballooning is your enemy here. The maximizer wheels will not let the bead tear out and taping like I said above should remove pretty much all ballooning.

Wait, didn't see that you are running street tires, so the trail dawgs are not what you are looking for. I have heard of people using fishing string as belts on the phatlines I believe it was. I think they tied and glued it to the lines in the tread that runs around the tire.

Either way, taping like I said above will eliminate ballooning.

Last edited:
The Maximizer beadlocks are the way to go. They make changing tires a lot easier than boiling and re-gluing. After a few sets of wheels the beadlocks will more than pay for themselves. I've been using them on my Revo with a Picco .26 and have no problems keeping the tires on and they can handle the power.

Maybe look for a hard compound tire. I know imex and proline makes some. The stiffer compound may stay together better and balloon less.

I have an erevo converted to brushless (mamba monster) and i run 6s religiously on it and i am having serious issues with tires. . .i have destroyed 3 sets of tires. . .all different brands and i can't keep them on for more than a couople of weeks. . .i have used the stock talon tires, i have blown apart a set of proline road rages, and split 2 HPI Phaltlines. . .i want some tires that i will not destroy as fast. . .please help
try proline badlands belted

Back