Broke antenna wire Flysky GT3B - Any suggestions?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazUK

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi
Toke my truck out today for a run and found it was losing signal and cutting off.
I previously opened my transmitter for doing some mods but accidentally broke the wire from the transmitter circuit board, I did solder it back on and all seemed fine but when I toke it out today when it goes about 50 yards away it stops moving, engine still running, and as soon as I walk closer it starts moving but all this is still very temperamental.
Diagnosed the problem and put it down to the the aerial.
I'm presuming I need to re-solder it but should I be soldering it a certain way or should I buy another wire or could I use something new in it's place to make it better?

Thanks

I would just buy a replacement receiver for 7 bux if you wanna run it now, then later when your bored you can work on soldering the other wire back on.

I would just buy a replacement receiver for 7 bux if you wanna run it now, then later when your bored you can work on soldering the other wire back on.

It's a valid point maybe the receiver so will give it a test with another receiver, but I have a feeling it's my transmitter like I said in my explanation I broke the aerial off while doing some mods. Was working perfectly fine before then so I'm pretty sure it's not the receiver.

If you have very little experience soldering, you might be dealing with a cold soldered joint. It looks okay, but doesn't carry the current or signal.

If you have very little experience soldering, you might be dealing with a cold soldered joint. It looks okay, but doesn't carry the current or signal.

I will say I'm not an experienced solderer but I think I've picked up the knack, as they say. Could you also explain what you mean by cold soldered joint in laymen terms :D

Thanks

It's a valid point maybe the receiver so will give it a test with another receiver, but I have a feeling it's my transmitter like I said in my explanation I broke the aerial off while doing some mods. Was working perfectly fine before then so I'm pretty sure it's not the receiver.

My bad, i misread the post........:dumb::dumb:

I will say I'm not an experienced solderer but I think I've picked up the knack, as they say. Could you also explain what you mean by cold soldered joint in laymen terms :D

Thanks

What he means is the wire is stuck on there but does not carry any signal, you may as well used CA glue to stick it back to the board. :)

You need to try re-soldering it.

What he means is the wire is stuck on there but does not carry any signal, you may as well used CA glue to stick it back to the board. :)

You need to try re-soldering it.

Ah cool will do, but I'd rather stick to soldering rather than glue in case for any reason I may need to remove

He wasn't suggesting you use CA glue he was comparing a cold solder joint to using CA glue. They both will make the wire stick to the board but neither will carry current through them.

Right re-soldered it and seemed ok but then still lost signal.
I noticed when soldering the aerial back on there is actually 3 terminals next to each other on the circuit board of Tx.
Is there a particular one or two I should be soldering to?
Made a mistake and did not pay attention to this at first when it first broke off.

Last edited:
Right looks like I may of fixed it :)
Big thanks to Antmax from RC Tech forum gave me some brill guidance and with the picture I found it all made sense, I'm pretty sure I sorted out my problem.
I've only tested in my garden at the mo where I was losing signal too and with the test today all went well by the looks of it. Just need to test it at the park now and hope the range is still there :D